Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Richards Primal log page 8

Richardmac is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Wednesday 05/12/2012

Session One
    Shoulder Mobility work
    Pullup (round the world - pullup chin to left hand glide across so chin at right hand then retrun to dead hang etc) 1 x 5 each side
    Calf Raise 1 x 20 (each leg)
    Pressup, Diamond 1 x 24

I know pressup numbers have been 20, but wanted to test the diamond pressup.

Session two
    Pullup 1 x 10
    Pressup 1 x 20

Session Three
    Shoulder Mobility
    Pullup 1 x 10

Taught a class

Pressups 1 x 20

Richard
    Last edited by Richardmac; 12-05-2012 at 12:40 PM.
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Stepping things up a notch

06/12/2012

Shoulder Mobility
    Pullups (rep target 100) sets of .. I cant remember. It took a few anyway. Each time I dropped off the bar I did either a set of crunches, or reverse hypers.
    Pressups (Diamond) 5 x partials, 5 x full, 7 x partials, 7 x full
    (Normal) 5 x partials, 5 x full, 7 x partials, 7 x full
    (Wide) 5 x partials, 5 x full, 7 x partials, 7 x full

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardmac View Post
    Tuesday 04/12/2012

Happy day today - It is three years ago that my wife and I started dating together. Easily the best, most action packed amazing three years of my life. Everyday we grow stronger as people, as a couple and as a family. I am so blessed!!

Congratulations. it's great to see good that makes you feel.

Thanks Rob. I am a very lucky guy.

Richard

After a tough start to the week. I managed to have a wee workout on Monday. Nothing too major, just running through some pressup, Thera band row alternatives. Using myself as a guinea pig for my classes.

Monday I went back on simple fit. I had started on week 4 and manged the friday test session in 2.19 so I moved onto week 5 on tuesday.

As many rounds as possible in 10 minutes (supposed to be 20, but I prefer 10) of
    3 Pullups
    5 pressups
    8 squats

I managed 16 roundsvwith a few seconds to spare.

Great session.

Richard

Thursday 13/12/2012

5 rounds each individually timed of
    5 Pullups
    15 pressups
    26 squats

My times were

1. 47
    2. 52
    3. 46
    4. 47
    5. 41

Richard

Friday 14/12/2012

I wouldn't usually do simplefit sessions without a days rest in between, but i wabted to make sure I had my 2 weekend days off and start again on monday.

Level 5 day 3.

Complete the following as fast as possible.
    26 Pullups
    51 pressups
    51 squats

Time = 3.58

So I can move onto stage 6. It was funny, my pressup max is about 60 and iv done 3x50 reps before, but I only got to about 40 before I had to rest. I'm putting thst down to doing back to back sessions yesterday then today. I also find doing Pullups straight into pressups is tiring in general.

Happy though.

Richard

Monday 17/12/2012

Level 6 Day One

AMRAP the following in 10 Minutes
    3 Pullups
    6 Pressups
    10 Split Squats

Score = 16 rounds and 3 pullups ........ This is a harder level than last week and with an additional 3 pullups.

Richard

I have been really bad with posting over the festive period. I was training throughout and ate well, but was not spending much time on the computer (family time).

Joined a local golf course at a gift from my DW. Used to play off a handicap of six but havnt played properly in a few years. I went out to the range on the 27th and hit some balls. not a bad shot in the bunch which was good. Although I woke up a couple f days later with a pain in my trap....really deep in as I couldnt really feel it when I probed the area. This pain liked to travel from my next to my shoulder adn occassionally down my arm. So I took the first week off of the new year and trained again yesterday on a different plan. It was ok, a little discomfort today but ok.

I will save allth details of the last few weeks training and begin with yesterday.

Monday 07/01/2013 (takes me ages getting used to writing/typing a new date)
    6 x 6 Incline press ups .... 6 seconds to lower and 6 seconds to raise.
    6 x 6 Pullups .... 3 seconds to lower and 3 seconds to raise
    I supersetted the above exercises. After every second set I did a set of sit ups and a set of reverse hypers.

Good first session. Incline pressups are not hard. But what I am doing now will call for them to be used for the next few weeks with increasing difficulty. My max reps of incline pressups are about 2-3 sets of 50, so the lower reps slow cadence was interesting. Target by the end of the year for this movement is 100 reps normal pressups (reps at a normal cadence).

Food yesterday:
    1. Omelette with goats cheese and grapes.
    2. 2 small chicken thighs with mashed potato.
    3. Sweet potato with shredded chicken.
    4. Chicken Curry (loads of veg in hhere, carrots, leaks etc etc).
    5. Steak, homemade potato wedges, red currant jelly, spinach (with cumin seeds).
    6. Same as 4.

I trained between meals 2 and 3, and had a recovery shake after that to.

Richard

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Tuesday 08/01/2013

A tonne of work today. A lot of admin followed by coaching a session. Good to get out though. I had a nice rowing Interval workout planned for today but I think Iv got the bug my step daughter and DW had. I usually manage to avoid almsot all bugs, but once it was in the hosue I knew my chances of avoiding were dropping. Funny thing is, the girls have felt fine for a few days so I was getting smug and thought id got away with it. Head is now pounding and running about earlier was both a help and a hinderence.

Food today:
    1. Omelette blueberries, goats cheese and grapes.
    2. Didnt eat for ages as wasnt feeling hungry, then I had sweet potato and chicken.
    3. Two egg omelette (morning omelett is 3 eggs)
    4. Can of tuna with some extra olive oil, balsamic vinegar and bluberries mixed in.
    5. Two pork chops with some soft boiled potatoes and brocolli.
    6. Can of tuna

Bed soon I think

Richard

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast