1 = 45.5
    2 = 44.1
    3 = 43.7
    4 = 42.4
    5 = 40.5

Good session. On to Friday

08/11/2012

Rowing Session

Havnt done a 2K before really (always kept it to short sprints and the sort). So did one today, trying to focus on stroke and keeping a steady hard pull. Goal was to keep it at about 1.50 splits throughout. I was sitting at 24spm. Dropped to 21 and finished with 28. Managed 7.08.25 for the 2K. not bad for first attempt but more thought to the stroke rate etc will bring that down.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Friday 09/11/2012

Third Simple Fit session:

20 Pullups
    41 Pressups
    41 Squats

As quick as possible. Under five minutes and I can move onto level 5 next week.

My target was three minutes or under. I got 2.19. Happy days.

I am getting about six meals a day just now to which is good. Keeping Paleo + adhereing to 'Eat right for your blood type.'

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Great weekend. Worked on Saturday. Went to church on Sunday morning, followed by a trip to see the Scotland v New Zealand rugby game with DW and Step Daughter.

Monday 12/11/2012
    Simple Fit level 5 day 1:

AMRAP 20 minutes:
    3 Pullups
    5 Pressups
    8 Squats

= 28 rounds with 20 seconds to spare.

Richard

Monday 19/11/2012
    Lunges (On the spot returning to start after each lunge) 7 sets of 7 (each leg) with 7 seconds rest between each set. Then 6x6 with 6 seconds rest, then 5x5 with 5 seconds rest.

Then I repeated this process with Calf raises.

I also performed a set of straight arm planks between each block of lunges.

Richard

I deleted a couple of posts as they were not relevant and my log was looking a little cluttered. So I have been training although it looks like iv had time off since the 19 of November.

Day one of PLP (Pullup/Lunge/Pushup) challenge

Rules = If you can do more than 10 pullups you start day one with 10 pullup/reverse lunges (each leg)/Pressups. If you cant manage 10 pullups in one go you start the day one with 1 pullup/reverse lunge (each leg)/pressups.
    Each day you add one to each of them. So on day 5 (for example) I will be doing 14 of each. As it gets harder I can break them up as I like in one workout or through the day so when I am to do 40 of each I can break them up how I like.

Monday 26/11/2012
    Shoulder Mobility work

Then:
    Pullups = 10
    Reverse Lunge = 10 each leg
    Pressups = 10

Followed with a 3 mile sprint cycle. This sounds easy but I go up a 1.5 mile hill at an angle ranging from 45-60 degrees. Havnt done it in a while so it was tough + had a wind in my face the whole way up, but managed it.

Shoulders are a liggle niggly. They dont hurt doing pullups/pressups, they were niggled on Friday when I was trying to out some barbwire pressups and other yoga moves.

Richard

Yesterdays Food:

1. omelette with goats cheese, and chicken.
    2. 3 chicken thighs and some pineapple.
    gym and cycle and protein recovery shake
    3. Soup (lental and various peas [replaced iron and protein]) Also oatcakes and pate, and garlic.
    4. Tuna steak and veggies
    5. 2 Lamb chops with homemade potatoes wedges and salad
    6. 2 egg omelette with chicken
    7. Homemade chicken liver pate with an apple.

Training today 27/11/2012
    Day two of PLP Challenge

Shoulder Mobility Work

Pullups = 11
    Reverse Lunges = 11 (each leg)
    Pushups = 11

Waiting for this to get difficult. Still early, but must be patient.

Eating yesterday ok, not perfect but pretty busy so happy with amount eaten.

Richard

Second session Tuesday 27/11/2012

I dont usually train twice a day (discounting dog walks/teaching [demo's required]), but the PLP program is supposed to be done in addition to normal training. Now I know it is going to get hard over the next few weeks and I have no intention to train hard seperate to it (except for bike hill/road sessions) but occassionally, maybe once/twice a week over the first few weeks of PLP I will do a light Kettlebell session.

So with that in mind:

Quick shoulder mobility session.

Followed by 200 KB Swings. Switching every 40 reps from 2 handed to one handed. Fair mix of American and Russian swings. Every 40 reps I did a set of glute bridges and a set of crunches.

Off to eat. Food diary to follow later/tomorrow.

Richard

Training today 28/11/2012
    Day 3 of PLP challenge

Shoulder mobility work

Then

Pullups = 12
    Reverse lunges = 12 each leg
    Pressups = 12

Food so far today

1. Omelette with chicken and pineapple.
    2. Bowl of mince (cooked with onions, tomatoes, peppers).
    3. Frettata with goats cheese, peppers, chicken.
    4. Mince and roast veggies

That's all just now by 14.30 in the afternoon.

Richard

freedom.please is offline Senior Member
    Richard,
    You have a great journal. I like your lay out and your exercises are very inspiring. I feel as though I should transition over to using the journal as a way to record diet and advances in work outs. Thanks for sharing! I might have to take some of your work out ideas (adjusted to an amount I can handle). Suggestions on a kettle bell weight for a mid sized fairly active female? Your meals look good too, though I realize you are going to be needing more food than I will.

p.s. Noticed you went to the Scotland v. New Zealand rugby game. I was privileged to travel to New Zealand about four months ago. Beautiful place & the rugby is exciting! Cheers
    Last edited by freedom.please; 11-28-2012 at 06:09 PM.
    "Never regret. If it's good, its wonderful. If it's bad its experience"
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Quote Originally Posted by freedom.please View Post
    Richard,
    You have a great journal. I like your lay out and your exercises are very inspiring. I feel as though I should transition over to using the journal as a way to record diet and advances in work outs. Thanks for sharing! I might have to take some of your work out ideas (adjusted to an amount I can handle). Suggestions on a kettle bell weight for a mid sized fairly active female? Your meals look good too, though I realize you are going to be needing more food than I will.

p.s. Noticed you went to the Scotland v. New Zealand rugby game. I was privileged to travel to New Zealand about four months ago. Beautiful place & the rugby is exciting! Cheers
    Thank you. I have been dabbling in a couple of things recently after compelting the PBF program. I had always lifted weights whilst I played rugby, and injuries from the field have left me a little sore. Through trial and error it seems that for the most part bodyweight programs do not hurt me so that is why I am doing them. The recent PLP program is just so I can do something everyday without really feeling burnt out.

I have a couple of female clients who have very little experience with Kettlebells that are swinging 20Lb bells like they are nothing. So a 20lb bell would be a good start.

Thanks, yes I am about 205lbs so I need a bit more feeding than you. I am also very active at work.

The game was fantastic. NZ are just amazing to watch.

Training today 29/11/2012
    Day 4 of PLP Challenge

Shoulder Mobility work

Pullup = 13
    Reverse Lunge = 13 (each leg)
    Pressup = 23

I increased the pressups by 10. The reasoning for this was that the starting number of 10 was 50% of my max pullups so therefore a good starting point for pullups. My max pressups are about 60, so this didnt seem as good a starting point for pressups.

Food so far today (as of 14.30)
    1. Omelette with goats cheese and pineapple.
    2. Piece of homemade chicken pie
    3. Two chicken thighs, salad (letuce leaves, blueberries, goats cheese, figs and a little dressing).
    Should be another 3 meals before bed.

Richard

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast