Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Richards Primal log page 5

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Shovelglove is doing exercises with a sledgehammer, the head of which is wrapped in some padding. You can check out the explanation and suggested movements at shovelgloveDOTcom.
    I see. Iv done Tabata Sledgehammer workouts before and loved them.

The last 2 AR7 workouts have been great. I completed the Incline pressups and wanetd to make note how hard any pressups becomes when you are making yourself stay in the pressup position between sets ie Active Rest .... Ouchie.

15/09/2012
    So I was on to normal pressups. Managed almost to the end of the 7's sets but had to go up into bridge (butt in the air), pleased I never let my knees hit the floor. Same happened with 6's and 5's.
    Rack-feet elevated pullups left my lats killing me.
    Leg Press (for something different) with 140Kg's/308lbs - completed for each sets for a total of 110 reps. Holding this inbetween sets in straight leg position wasnt easy, but a great workout.

18/09/2012
    Pressups first again. This time I completed the 7's....6's I got to the last set of 6 and failed 2 reps in, had to bridge up throught the set until completion. Completed the 5's perfectly. Almost there. great improvement in 3 days.
    Pullups - performed in climbing frame. Not ideal but great workout. i did the 6's and 5's.
    Calf raises today for the lower body move. Performed on step. Active rest in the full stretch position. Ouchie. Next tiem I try this I will do One legged.

Eating loads....Average 6 meals a day.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

I found from reading a recent blog post from Mark, that the goal for the PBF programme is 3 sets of each movement. I had completed the program to the most advanced level, but I was only doing 2 sets (what I thought was the target). So I am going to drop back a few stages and go for 3 sets of each. Actually pretty pleased because I was enjoying it and didnt want it to end.

Richard
    Last edited by Richardmac; 09-21-2012 at 12:59 AM.
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

22/09/2012

Good to be back hitting pbf.

Incline Pressups 1 x 50, 1 x 52, 1 x 42 .... close.
    Pullups 1 x 20 (overhand), 1 x 20 (underhand), 1 x 20 both (swapped after 10).
    Plank (pressup position) 1 x 1min, 1 x 1min, 1 x 1min.
    Squat 1 x 50, 1 x 50, 1 x 50 .... nice burny quads.

Bring on mondays session. Adding in sprints on Wednesday hopefully. Try to get out on the bike once or twice. Walking the dogs a lot to with my amazing wife.

Food so far today:
    1. Omelette with bacon, grapes and goats cheese.
    2. Tuna with creme fresh (paleo of sorts).
    3. Fish pie
    4. Tuna.
    5. Scrambled egg.
    6. Mince, potatoes

7. After I eat the mince I might not eat anything else....then again maybe I will haha.

Richard

Friday 24/09/2012

Incline pressups 1 x 50, 1 x 52, 1 x 50
    Side to side squats 1 x 35 (Each Leg), 1 x 35 (EL), 1 x 35 (EL)
    Hand/Feet Plank 1 x 1.05, 1 x 1.05, 1 x 1.05

Good session.

Thursday 27/09/2012

Sprint session....death by 10m shuttle.

Minute one = 10m out, 10m back. Minute 2 = 10m out, 10m back x 2 etc etc. I got to minute 8.

Great session .... hard but good.

Friday 28/09/2012

Incline pressups 1 x 50, 1 x 50, 1 x 54
    Wide grip pullups 1 x 20, 1 x 20, 1 x 20
    Bulgarian split squats 1 x 25, 1 x 25, 1 x 25 (did his for one leg then the other)
    Plank Hands/Feet 1 x 1.10 normal, 1 x 30 seconds each side .... 1 x 1.10 normal, 1 x 30 seconds each side.

Great workout. Dropping back a few stages and adding another set per movement has been really hard, but I'm starting to work back through the stages again.

Richard

02/10/2012

Pressups 1 x 50, 1 x 50 (I think, hope it wasnt 40 b/c it was hard haha), 1 x 45 .... Second set was tough, pretty sure I got 50 and not 40. Managed them but just. Third Set I had to active rest (bridge up) at 40 but didnt drop to knees. Got to 45 and couldnt do anymore.
    Uneven Pullups 1 x 6, 1 x 6, 1 x 6 (6 reps each side per set).
    Dive Bomber position Shoulder Press 1 x 10, 1 x 10, 1 x 10....Tried these out. Not bad, going to target 20 reps a set before moving on.
    No Planks today

Good session. Those 3rd sets are really hard.

Hoping to sprint again tomorrow.

Richard

No sprints this week, or bike ride. V busy with work. Out with dogs everyday.

I was pleased with last Tuesdays sessions, and yesterdays was even better.

Pressups 1 x 50, 1 x 50 1 x 52 .... hard but did it.
    Pullups meant to be explosive but hard to do logistically with Rack Pullups, so did wide, normal close. So i managed 1 x 6 (wide, normal, close), 1 x 6 (wide, normal, close)
    Plank 1 x 1.15, 1 x 1.15 .... Side planks each side 1 x 35, 1 x 35.
    Dive bomber position shoulder press 1 x 15, 1 x 15, 1 x 15.
    Single Leg Box Squats each leg 1 x 12, 1 x 12, 1 x 12

Good Session....nackered afterwards. Happy with progress. Pressups never get easier, on to decline again. Pullups will be hard as I up the rep target each week until I can get 10 wide, 10 normal, 10 close. Single leg box squats I still need other hand to support against something but thats ok, pistols are going to be a nightmare haha (due to mobility from old injuries as much as strength). Planks are getting there. I find straight arm harder as I recruit more shoulder stabalisers.

Happy though.

Richard

Monday 08/10/2012

Sprint Bike Ride up hill. About 1.5 miles to top at about 45-50 degree angle. Off the seat today for some more emphasis on calfs. Great workout.

Richard

Tuesday 09/10/2012

Decline Pressups 1 x 50, 1 x 50, 1 x 35 .... These were tough. Adding a third set is hard.
    Close grip Pullups 1 x 12, 1 x 12, 1 x 12 .... writing this a couple days later. My wrist is killing me, I think I overstretched the tendon doing these (angle of wrist).
    Knees elevated HSPU 1 x 15, 1 x 15, 1 x 12
    Single leg Box Squat 1 x 15, 1 x 15, 1 x 15 each leg. Hard after hill cycle the day before.

This was the first workout in a long time that (after having a drink) I felt sick. Might break this into upper and abs/lower from now on. Or do abs/legs every second workout. I think im moving towards body by science either with weights or the bodyweight option. We will see after I finish this.

Richard

Hey

Not been posting much. I have been playing around with a couple of different things and tweaks here and there.

Workout wise I am now sticking with the bodyweight theme because I think its works for me and it is easy on my joints.

I have just started Simplefit and after my PBF success I decided to start on level 4.

Session One Monday 05/11/2012:

As Many Rounds As Possible in 20 Minutes
    2 Pullups (Rack Pullups)
    4 Pressups
    6 Squats

= 34

Good first session. This was long but I kept the same ruthme going the whole way through. No breaks, but I also didnt try and race through it. Just paced it out.

Food wise I am paeloing awy nicely, I am also interested to combine it with 'eating right for your blood type.' Keeping Paleo but avoiding certain foods. Its great.

Richard

Feeling great after yesterdays session. On top of SImplefit I am hoping to alternate between cycling,rowing and some swimming. Trying to focus on mobility as well in all sessions. Diet is pretty dialled in just now. Need a couple of tweaks to get it perfectly inline with paleo and my blood type, but getting there.

Richard

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast