Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Richards Primal log page 4

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Okay, you've got me hooked on coronation chicken - we used to eat that when I was a young 'un.

I just looked up the original recipe from 1953-whatever - totally primal as long as you make your own mayo, which many people did back then. For one thing, I don't think canola oil was on the market yet, along with the other nasties.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 08-25-2012 at 10:03 AM.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Okay, you've got me hooked on coronation chicken - we used to eat that when I was a young 'un.

I just looked up the original recipe from 1953-whatever - totally primal as long as you make your own mayo, which many people did back then. For one thing, I don't think canola oil was on the market yet, along with the other nasties.
    Haha its amazing isnt it. So good with salads, in baked potatoes etc.

Oh I want some now haha.

Spread the word.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Monday 27/08/2012

Decline (feet elevated pressups) 1 x 50, 1 x 50 .... Completed another stage of the LHT programme.

Thats all I had time for before rushing out the door. Might try and do Pullups later, crazy day though.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Mixing it up a little. Loving Marks LHT programme but I know I can complete the pressups and Pullups to the top level.

So today was:
    Overhead Lunges (33lb plate)
    Pullups
    Decline (feet elevated) pressups
    150ft Farmers Walk
    Squat Thrusts

10 of each, then 9 etc down to one.

Richard

Thursday 30/08/2012

Exercise
    20 Squat Thrusts
    20 Squats
    10 Swings 20Kg Plate
    10 Alternate grip pullups (change at 5)
    20 Disc Bench Press
    20 Swings 15Kg plate
    10 Pullups
    15 Close Grip Pressups
    30 Swings with 10Kg plate
    20 Squat Thrusts

Easy workout. no challenges today. I regularly swing with more weight and reps, but tried it out today. Weight and/or reps being added to everything. Exercises will vary next time to.

Richard

After this workout although easy my upper back (between shoulders blsdes) was agony. I think it was my trap and rhomboid. Very sore = rest of the week off. No bad thing. I am really starting to believe in working really hard and taking time off. I look and feel great this AM, so as I have essentially finished MArks LHT programme I am onto a new challenge (technically I have couple of stages to go through but I already know I can do them).

A while ago I used a different training system. Due to a busy schedule I used a Push, Pull, Squat split working out once every 4 days and it was awesome.

So given my new faith and direction with bodyweight movements I am going back to this but centering it around bodyweight movements (starting back on Marks progression ladder and working up).

The concept I am using is the 7-6-5 one. This means (using pressups as an example) I will be doing 7 Incline Pressups then resting for 7 seconds in active recovery eg still in pressup position, then 7 more reps etc etc. After completng the 7th set I rest properly. I then repeat this doing 6 sets of 6 reps with 6 seconds rest.....Then 5x5 with 5 seconds rest. Then move onto the pull and/or squat exercise.

I will start by working out on a Monday, Friday, Tuesday Monday etc. Meaning 4 days off between 2 sessions, and 6 days off between the other.

04/09/2012
    Incline Pressups 7-6-5 (Will do this again as I had to stop once).
    Rack Pullups Feet on floor 7-6-5 (Humbling as I can normally knock out Pullups).
    Goblet Squat 7-6-5 Easy.

Will be out slowly moving with dogs etc and when Im coaching the kids. Also try get out on the bike. Next gym session on Monday.

Richard

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    Hey Richard, ever think of making a slosh pipe? Might be great for your core. Just google "Slosh Pipe"
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
    My Journal

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Or how about Shovelglove? I LOVE Shovelglove. I think it activates the imagination more than most exercises.

What is 'shovelglove?'

Havnt posted this week. As I mentioned before I am following the AR7 concepts but using bodyweight movements. Last session written above. Today I repeated using the same movements. I had a couple of goals going into today to help me gauge domr improvement. Firstly my goal was to remain in perfect plank (active recovery) whilst resting between pressup sets. Last time I had to bridge up a little to give my abs, arms and chest a break. Today I managed all sets whilst staying in perfect plank during the rest periods. By the last couple of sets of the 5x5 I was shaking like a pooping dog.

Pullups. These are back to vvv basic level which feels weirs given myability on the movement, but necessery just now. Goal was to be able to keep hands above head even during rests to keep some level of pressure on forearms, grip, biceps and stretched lats. This was hard and the feeling in forearms and biceps (the bicep insertion and forearm origin) was not pleasant.

Last goal was to change from side to side squats, to bulgarian squats. For this I started by missing out the 7x7 sets.

Results were great, all goals achieved. I so be extending legs out on the pullups. I'll be switching to normal pressups and ill be adding in the 7x7 on the one legged squats....cant wait (????)

Richard

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Shovelglove is doing exercises with a sledgehammer, the head of which is wrapped in some padding. You can check out the explanation and suggested movements at shovelgloveDOTcom.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast