Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Richards Primal log page 3

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I realise I havnt really been logging my slow cardio. I walk the dogs once or twice a day, anywhere from a run round the park in our estate, to long walks in woods/on the beach. Also when im on night shifts I walk up and down a rediculous number of steps (I seriously find walking up and down stairs in the middle of the night so much harder than biuke work or crazy hard gym sessions - I think its the tiredness).

Today I worked out with my step daughter. We both did

100 Skips
    25 x Shoulder Press (she did Push Press) with 44lbs (she used 22lbs)
    25 x Sumo Deadlift High Pulls
    25 x Overhead Walking lunge (each leg)
    25 x Swings
    25 x Pressups
    25 x Burpees

My time = 10.50
    Step Daughters = 15.30

Great fun working out with her, seeing her struggle and more importantly push through even when she doubted herself, was awesome.

Richard

Food for today has been ok

1. Omellete with strawberries and goats cheese (in a rush so couldnt jazz it up this morning)
    Dog Walk
    Gym Session outside (see above)
    2. Ceasar salad (lettuce, chicken, parmasan cheese, and dressing)
    3. Can of tuna
    4. BBQ Chicken and homemade wedges (Im writing this as im just about to eat this and realised its still in the oven, so im just ran to oven to rescue them before they get burnt - I made it).
    Walk down to meet Step daughter who's babysitting
    5. More of 4.

Good day work wise. Trying to get lots of admin done so Im prepared for next week and working with the players. Also trying to get it done because I am on night shift this weekend and want to have as much freet ime as possible when I am not working.

Busy end to this week and pretty busy start to the next. It comes in waves. Goal to finish book im reading in the next week to.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Yesterdays workout took a little over 10 mins but today I am wiped and grumpy. Could be a number of things, but I havnt had this in a while when I was just doing Marks LHT program. Maybe me and LHT work, me and metcon, not so much. Interesting....Thoughts??

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Monday 20/08/12

Decline (feet elevated Pushups) 1 x 42, 1 x 36
    Pullups (1 hand gripping towel then swapping) 1 x 6 each hand, 1 x 6 each hand

Richard

Wednesday 22/08/12

I discovered after reading the LHT programme again that the target reps for decline pushups are 35 each set. I didnt know that and have been shooting for 50. Technically I have already passed this stage, but I am going to stick it out until I can get 2 x 50reps. Which on todays showing hopefully will not be long. Also the Uneven Pullups target is 2 x 6 each side, but Iv done that already to so im gonna stick them out until I get 2 x 12 each side.

Decline Pressup 1 x 50, 1 x 42
    Pullups 1 x 10 each hand, 1 x 10 each hand.

Food today is pretty good so far
    1. Omelette with goats cheese, strawberries, grapes and smoked salmon.
    2. Tuna, Bannana.
    3. Salad with strawberries, grapes, mixed nut pieces and prawns in a mary rose sauce.
    3. Tuna.
    4. Hmmmm to be decided.

Richard

Obviously a typo above.
    4. Tuna
    5. Omelette
    6. Chicken, boiled potatoes with fresh mint.
    7. Something when I get in from work, and before bed.

Richard

23/08/12

A thursday workout is a 'Bonus' workout. Essentially assistance work.

3 x 10 for each of:

DB Incline Row
    Reverse Curls
    Lateral Raises
    Db Shoulder Press

2 x 10 (because im pretty tricep dominant)
    Rolling Tricep Extensions

Richard

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    1. Omellete with strawberries and goats cheese (in a rush so couldnt jazz it up this morning)
    Hey Richard, thought I would stop in and see how you are doing..... That quote cracked me up... Strawbrerry and goat cheese omlette and you don't think that is jazzed up....... You kill me. Corination chicken sounds good too, I am going to have to try that.....

Tor
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
    My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by TorMag View Post
    Hey Richard, thought I would stop in and see how you are doing..... That quote cracked me up... Strawbrerry and goat cheese omlette and you don't think that is jazzed up....... You kill me. Corination chicken sounds good too, I am going to have to try that.....

Tor
    Haha thanks my friend. What can I say, I am skilled at the art of dressing a plate (Im pretty sure I can admit to being skilled at the art of dressing a plate whilst still maintaining my masculinity Yes/No).

The corination chicken is amazing. Im gonna cook a whole chicken (or two) later. Use one for a roast, and the other strip down and make Corination chicken with.

Yesterday food:
    1. In a rush (no dressing of plates)....smoked salmon, boiled potatoes, banana.
    2. Can of Tuna, apple.
    3. Chicken, potatoes.
    4. Fish cakes and homemade potto wedges
    5. Same as 4 but in smaller quantity.

Had a SIS shake after the gym between meals 3 and 4. Also some popcorn in the evening. Wanted to get another email in but not bad for a busy day.

Today is going to involve a mobility workout and maybe some additional core work.

Richard

Yesterday

1. Omelette with an assortment of fruits.
    2. Ceasar salad.
    3. Tuna
    4. Tuna, potatoes
    5. Roast Chicken, Roast homemade potatoes, peppers halfed and lined with cherry toatoes (also roasted).
    6. Chicken thigh and Drumstick + more roasters.

Richard

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast