Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: carrying some extra baggage page

maclynne is offline Junior Member

carrying some extra baggage

Primal Fuel
    I gradually eased into this new way of eating over the past few months and one thing I noticed is that I wake up with huge bags under my eyes. I have had this problem for a long time( years), waking up with puffy eyes, but I thought that cutting out bad foods would make them go away. It seems to have made it worse. Anyone else have this problem? any clues? I have been eating more bacon, but my overall sodium intake is way down ( I keep track of food) I try to drink plenty of fluids, at least 96oz, in the form of tea ( hot and iced) and water.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    have you tried cutting out the bacon?

are you 100% grain and crap-oils free?

do you get enough good, solid sleep? i only got about 3 hours last night and i look like all-hell.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

haven't tried cutting out bacon, but I figured since my sodium intake was below 1500mg a day, I didn't think it would matter. I think I will try that. yes, to being grain free. as far as crap oils, - when I cook at home I only use coconut or olive. My husband likes to go out to eat b'fast a few times a week and I usually have a taco omelet and I am unsure what they cook it in. and I do get plenty of sleep, sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep for a few hours, trying to work on that one. last night I slept great and I still woke up with huge bags under my eyes.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    request for them to cook your eggs in butter, but there may be weird stuff in that taco meat.

i'd cut the bacon and see what happens.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

tomi is offline Senior Member
    just read on another thread that nitrites cause some people to puff up real bad ................ bacon = nitrites.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

SentWest is offline Member
    It may be unfortunate genetics. I've had the bags under my eyes since I was a toddler. Nothing makes them go away, but fortunately nothing makes them worse either.

Sentwest, I didn't start getting these puffy eyes until about 5 years ago. It's not just bags under my eyes , my eyelids are puffy, as well.
    I cut out bacon, haven't had any since Thursday and still.... puffy eyes this morning.
    yesterday I ate Laura's lean ground beef, yam, cherries, some dark chocolate, almond butter and some macadamia nuts ( not my best day as far as eating vegies) and I still had puffy eyes this morning. according to my food tracker, I only had 878mg of sodium yesterday. my carbs were 109g... so I don't think it's that, especially since I've had puffy eyes since before I went to eating lower carb. I suppose it could be allergies to something like dust, cat hair, etc. but I've never had allergies before. I forgot to mention that I also have a slightly stuffy nose in the morning, either one nostril or the other ( depends on which side I am sleeping on) and this goes away after I've been up for a little while. so something is doing something to me while I sleep. I suppose I could have developed a certain allergy as I have aged, I'm 50, so maybe something that didn't bug me before is now bothering me, but why only when I sleep. I also sleep with my window open most of the year, so there is plenty of fresh air in my room and I don't live in the city, so not many pollutants. Maybe I am allergic to all of my fir trees, lol! or maybe it's just part of the WONDERFUL journey that is peri-menopause

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    have you tried cutting out the bacon?

are you 100% grain and crap-oils free?

do you get enough good, solid sleep? i only got about 3 hours last night and i look like all-hell.
    Why cut out bacon? I also have bags under my eyes even when I get 8 hours and am not tired
    Billie trips balls

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    It might just take some time- the Chinese medicine view of bags under your eyes is because your liver isn't cleaning out toxins properly or because you simply have a lot of toxins to process. It can take months for your body to adjust and clean itself out.

I heard that, somewhere, and also that fat carries a lot of toxins. Boy, do I have a lot fat to loose!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast