Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: carrying some extra baggage page 2

primalyogi is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    It might just take some time- the Chinese medicine view of bags under your eyes is because your liver isn't cleaning out toxins properly or because you simply have a lot of toxins to process.
    +1
    I also have some advice how to tackle the liver/toxins problem, at least there are many people who could solve similar or same issues, try for some weeks and please report back:

After 2pm do not eat:
    - Any raw food (salads,fruits,raw veggies/meat), instead the best would be a vegetable soup.
    - Any Nuts/Nut butters after pm your liver will thank you.
    - same goes for fish for dinner if you have this issue.
    - Any alcohol at night (glass of wine for lunch is ok - I am European)

Since the liver has to work hard to help you body detox and this process happens mainly over night while you sleep, it is crucial to give the liver as much leverage as possible.
    Nuts challenge the liver.There is an old saying: Nuts in the morning are like gold and at night like poison. Raw food causes fermentation --> liver gets far more challenged than people would think. Fish in the body easily causes toxins when not digested quickly at night, which makes the liver work too much additionally.

Instead: For Dinner try to eat "light" i.e. lean and well cooked meat/fowl and/or cooked vegetables (eg Chicken breast soup, Vegetable soups (the best dinner option).

Ah and regarding the bacon: Yes, at night strip of the fat, just eat the lean parts. And go for organic bacon if possible.

Cheers Peter

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    I read on the Wheat Belly site that low iodine can cause bags under the eyes and general puffiness. I think that's where I read it.

maclynne is offline Junior Member
    thanks for the feed back!
    Peter- I have a few questions: why the cut off time of 2pm?
    as far as the fish, what if I am eating wild caught Alaska salmon? would that still produce toxins?
    also I eat my evening meal fairly early, by 7pm..... and I don't fall asleep until about 10-11pm. would that have an affect on the load on my liver?

Tapper- I've seen the topics in this forum, about iodine, haven't really read through it all, any suggestions on how much I need?

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Seen a bunch of ideas on this.

Genetics let the muscles of the face slide down, revealing the underlying tissues (face fat) and surgery might be the only option.

Toxins, what toxins? Can anybody name a toxin?

To remove these mythical toxins, green tea is supposed to be good.

Sleep, yeah. It should help a ton! A vote for more sleep!

Also, constipation is strongly correlated. Maybe adding some leafy greens to keep things moving would help. I know once I get to more than two or three days without going, I get gray under my eyes. Not a problem lately, since I take magnesium now...

Maybe it's those constipation toxins.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

primalyogi is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maclynne View Post
    thanks for the feed back!
    Peter- I have a few questions: why the cut off time of 2pm?
    as far as the fish, what if I am eating wild caught Alaska salmon? would that still produce toxins?
    also I eat my evening meal fairly early, by 7pm..... and I don't fall asleep until about 10-11pm. would that have an affect on the load on my liver?

Tapper- I've seen the topics in this forum, about iodine, haven't really read through it all, any suggestions on how much I need?
    2pm is my advice, because this is normally when people have finished lunch.
    I would not eat raw stuff, salads, fruits as wells as fish after that. Some nuts in the afternoon maybe.

Cooked salmon is the only fish I also eat for dinner sometimes i.e. maybe once a week. However in your case I would have it for lunch instead.

I did not mean toxins in the food I meant at night digestion apparently does not happen as well as it does during the day (The chines call it Digestion Fire). So fish eg starts to rot already during digestion and the liver has to deal with that. Raw Food/Salad ferments and alcohol is produced and the liver has to deal with that. Nuts are too fatty. If one is young and healthy one does not feel it (at least until one is 30yrs old).
    If one is already on detox and fat loss because of the switch to primal, this is what would make it too much.

If one eats fish, salads, raw veggies, fruits and nuts at night, it can cause difficult sleep, and one might experience tiredness in the morning, no hunger during breakfast time. Then suddenly at around 11.00-11.30am energy levels & hunger pick up. This is how long the organism has to deal with the mistakes made at dinner.

"Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a beggar." I personally eat breakfast like a prince, lunch like a king and dinner like a beggar.
    There is a Chines Proverb: "Leave eating dinner to your enemies"

Eating a light dinner at 7pm and sleeping at 10pm-11pm is totally fine.
    Last edited by primalyogi; 08-06-2012 at 01:56 PM.

maclynne is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    thanks Peter.
    Knifegill.... definitely not vain enough to under go surgery, so that's out, lol.
    I drink loads of tea, both green and black, and I sleep at least 7 hours a night, and pooping not a problem at this time!

I'm going to try some of these suggestions. Also looked into Chlorella, think I'm going to try that as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12