Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Olympics - The Fit, the Fat and the Forties page 5

annedawso is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Yes... the Orlando/Kissimmee area is FULL of tourists.
    There are several entire subdivisions of homes, timeshare condos, and rental apartments in our county (just next door to Kissimmee/Disney) that are nothing but tourist rents. An entire Disney themed superWalmart was built there to service the mostly tourist community.
    And that doesn't even begin to cover the hotel industry.
    There is Disney Word, Disney World resorts, Sea World, and Universal studios all in close proximity... plus the down town convention center, and a Major sports team.
    I'm pretty sure Orlando/Kissimmee is tourist HELL. At least a hell made of tourists for many of us who live in the area.

Also... Golden Corral... EEEWWWWwwwwwwww.
    Huge buffet full of mostly the worst of SAD ever... breaded, fried, starchy, bleh.
    I have been into one a couple of times under protest because husbands father from out of town choose it.
    I hit the salad bar and did my best.
    And that was pre-Primal.

Between the tourists, the retiree transplants, and the snow-birds (retirees that only live here in winter)... it's a running joke that no one who lives here is actually FROM Florida.
    That explains it. We thought it was fabulous as a tourist destination, though we just spent every day in one of the Parks. I can see though that if you were a local all the tourists would be annoying. Must admit the Walmart we went into (wasnt a Disney one) seemed to be a bit down market. Actually thinking about it a lot of the area was. But as I said our real interest was the parks.
    My dread is the thought of the Golden Corral.

Jaradel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by annedawso View Post
    When we went to Orlando about 3 years ago there was a heck of a lot of obese people around. Probably cos it is a tourist destination.
    We ate in some place called the Golden Corral one night where you eat all you want from a buffet. My husband and sons loved it I thought it was crap food and hated it. There were several of the most overweight people in there I have ever seen who used mobility scooters to manoeuvre between buffet tables. W ate of brightly coloured plastic plates, I thought the whole set up was terrible.
    We did eat in some fabulous places - Tony Romas and Ming Court are two that stand out.

We have booked to go to Orlando next year and my kids immediately asked to go back to the Golden Corral -NOOOOOO.
    Think I will stay t home in the villa alone that day.
    OMG Golden Corral is AWFUL. It's like the worst cafeteria food ever, I hate going there. Every once in a while my husband gets nostalgic for those low-budget buffets (popular where he's from) and he'll want to go. I try to find a reason to not be home for supper on those occasions.

Next time you go to Orlando, check out Fogo de Chao. It's a Brazilian churrascaria, which basically means ALL YOU CAN EAT MEAT. So, so good. Expensive but good.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Quote Originally Posted by Jaradel View Post
    OMG Golden Corral is AWFUL. It's like the worst cafeteria food ever, I hate going there. Every once in a while my husband gets nostalgic for those low-budget buffets (popular where he's from) and he'll want to go. I try to find a reason to not be home for supper on those occasions.

Next time you go to Orlando, check out Fogo de Chao. It's a Brazilian churrascaria, which basically means ALL YOU CAN EAT MEAT. So, so good. Expensive but good.
    Thanks will definitely try there, it sounds ideal.
    Cant believe we are flying all the way to America to eat in the Golden Corral. I know if i don't let them they will harp on for ever about how I stopped them going to a place they were really looking forward to.
    Actually i could get them to drop me at a shopping mall why they go there, I like holiday shopping.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaradel View Post

Texas de Brazil is a pretty good churrascaria too... Orlando | Texas De Brazil
    All you can eat meats, steak, lamb, other stuff I don't bother with.
    Huge cold and salad bar...
    Their Lobster bisque is completely ridiculously decadent... and good enough to eat for dessert.
    I don't know exactly what their recipe is, but it tastes like the real deal... ALL cream instead of flour thickened.
    Which reminds me...
    I should go there again soon.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    My experience has been to eat the dark chocolate and drink the red wine. I make sure my total net daily calories are in the weight loss mode (below my Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) of around 2,000 calories per day) and I lose weight. I've been Paleo since March 4th (2012) and have lost 44 lbs. Follow a 90% Paleo diet and exercise lifestyle except for Red wine and dark chocolate (4 or 5 times a week) - seems to work fine for me. Besides I believe (because I want to) the research that shows red wine and dark chocolate is good for you.
    Last edited by canuck416; 08-03-2012 at 05:35 PM.

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Texas de Brazil is a pretty good churrascaria too... Orlando | Texas De Brazil
    All you can eat meats, steak, lamb, other stuff I don't bother with.
    Huge cold and salad bar...
    Their Lobster bisque is completely ridiculously decadent... and good enough to eat for dessert.
    I don't know exactly what their recipe is, but it tastes like the real deal... ALL cream instead of flour thickened.
    Which reminds me...
    I should go there again soon.
    Thanks, sounds like another good restaurant to add to my list. Just what we will need after a long day in the Parks.
    Though no doubt my kids will still want a visit to Golden Corral.
    Going to have a few nights eating in the villa as well. Will get some chickens and salad for easy meals.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345