Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Olympics - The Fit, the Fat and the Forties page 3

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Most people are thin and beautiful in Santa Barbara. It's more of a shock for me to see what comes off a tourist bus.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

GrantT is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Dark chocolate and wine are both downfalls for me, and to some extent so is cheese.
    I see no "downfall" in any of those if consumed in moderation...in fact, I think the health benefits of the chocolate and wine (if red?) far exceed any negative impacts. I consume regularly and have had no issues continuing to lose/maintain weight. Cheese...yeah...gotta watch that!

lizzychan5 is offline Senior Member
    too bad not every athlete can grow old like Mark Sisson... or can they?

annedawso is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantT View Post
    I see no "downfall" in any of those if consumed in moderation...in fact, I think the health benefits of the chocolate and wine (if red?) far exceed any negative impacts. I consume regularly and have had no issues continuing to lose/maintain weight. Cheese...yeah...gotta watch that!
    As a woman in her 40's eating dark chocolate and drinking wine make me increase weight.I keep thinking I am fine having a square ot two, but the scales won't move, apart from slightly upwards.

I haven't eaten chocolate for a couple of days so will be interested to see if I lose weight over the next couple of weeks. Just hope I can keep it up.

annedawso is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Most people are thin and beautiful in Santa Barbara. It's more of a shock for me to see what comes off a tourist bus.
    Just had to google where Santa Barbara is. It look a lovely place to live. Must be one of the few places where there are a high proportion of slim people, wonder what the secret is.

Jaradel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    YES.

And it's both utterly stunning and quite upsetting to see how normal it is for people to be obese. These days, seeing adults (AND TEENAGERS!!!) who are lean is rare. (And not in a steak sort of way!)
    What makes me saddest is seeing the number of younger children, preschool and grade school, who are already overweight. And I say this as a mom still trying to get her kids to go fully Primal, so I know it's not as easy as it looks.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Lucy is offline Member
    Eat some fat, it will satisfy your hunger and keep you full. I made some chicken broth with chicken feet and the end product was a delicious gelatin. Kept me full for 4 hours.

Jorjor is offline Member
    I know! I was watching the ceremonies and there were a ton of overweight people, many of them must've been shooters or archers, although there was one girl who was pretty overweight but plays water polo, I guess she makes it work somehow : /

Nady is offline Senior Member

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    i live in a relatively slim city, but we are inundated with tourists. before they even open their mouths to expose their accents, i can tell the people who are not from here because they are utterly enormous.

the only exception is marathon weekend!
    I'm sorry....Boston is a slim city? Wow....you were horribly misrepresented by a few fellas I went to college with then.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast