Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milk-free, egg-free breakfast ideas anyone? page

Helen1974 is offline Junior Member

Milk-free, egg-free breakfast ideas anyone?

Primal Fuel
    Hi there

I'm new to this site, having read the amazing Primal Blueprint book. I'm now embarking on the exciting journey of becoming 'primal'...day by day.
    One thing I'm struggling with, which I'd be so grateful to have any ideas for, is breakfast ideas. I'm allergic to dairy (as is my son) and eggs, but don't always want meat for breakfast... What else? Smoked salmon is good, but I'm stuck there.

Any inspiration very gratefully received!

Big thanks

snoops is offline Senior Member
    I don't have time to make an elaborate breakfast so I just blend up banana, berries, almond milk, bee pollen, coconut oil and protein powder. Lasts me till lunch.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Anything you'd eat for another meal. Salad topped with animal protein. A pork chop with a side of veggies can be cooked up in minutes. No need to think of breakfast as breakfast, it's a modern construct. Just think of it as your first meal. Or a meal.

BrodieMN is offline Member
    If you are hungry eat, but if not, then skip it.

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    My breakfasts tend to be egg based, with occasional meat ones thrown in. When wild caught salmon is on sale at Costco, I will get that and broil for breakfasts. Burger sliders are a regular breakfast. I make them with chopped greens, shiitake mushrooms, and onion, with coconut flour/egg as a bit of binder. You could omit the egg and use something else to help bind. Chicken legs also make a good breakfast. So does leftover beef stew.

oliviascotland is online now Senior Member
    Soup is nice, too, oddly enough. And adding a extra dollop of coconut oil onto the top makes it even more filling.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Broth is wonderful for breakfast, and you can always use mini-meatballs from neutral meat, like turkey in it. Canned or salted fish works well with salad greens.

Coconut milk and chilled coconut milk can sub for cream on berries and fruit. Nut butters go well with any crunchy veggies and fruit.

Grated vegetable salads work really well as summer breakfasts, like grated carrot and jikama (maybe with apples and walnuts). In the winter, baked mushed vegetables, like pumpkin, cauliflower and sweet potato makes a great sub for porridge.

Both eggs and dairy help with neutral flavored protein, but if you cannot consume it, think about other proteins and see which one you'd like to have for breakfast. Boiled chicken? Crab cake? Fried mushrooms? Maybe even legumes?
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

lissee is offline Senior Member
    I'm allergic to eggs too (moderately) and so I've also struggled with what to have for breakfast as well. Mostly, I have sliced deli meat and some cheese for breakfast. I don't want to spike my insulin, so I avoid fruit in the mornings. Most often, I have some sort of salami, because it has such a high fat content, it's easy to eat a few slices and then I'm off on my way to work. Sometimes I eat sliced meat with mustard, other times just cheese. This morning, I had pfefferoni (a salami w/cracked pepper around the edges) and put (grass-fed) butter on it. And Oh My GOODness! was that delicious! For some reason, the butter coupled with the salami really brought out the taste of the salami in a way that I found very wonderful.

Some people will blast me for having so much cured meat, but you do what you can. Since eggs mostly make me feel nauseous, and I do want to eat breakfast, and I don't speak German, and the shops are different here than in the U.S., and it was making me incredibly stressed out trying to figure out what to eat. I've compromised and just look for organic and mostly sugar free meats.

Good luck, it's tricky trying to figure out what will work for you.

Tomorrow, I'm going to make myself tuna salad for breakfast. Which usually consists of tuna, mayo, diced red onion and celery, freshly cracked pepper. Sometimes I jazz this up by adding an avocado or pepperoncini to the salad (I dice the pepperonciini up, so they're the same consistency of the onion and celery).
    Last edited by lissee; 07-30-2012 at 02:41 PM.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Here's three: soup, fruit or a stir fry (with or without meat).
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

TCates190 is offline Senior Member
    sweet potato hash and sausage or bacon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast