Thread: Finally committing to going Primal page

bostonwolf is offline Senior Member

Finally committing to going Primal

Primal Fuel
    Hey all,

I've dabbled with Tim Ferris' Slow Carb diet and am going to make the move to Primal as soon as the last few cans of beans are gone. Looking forward to coming here for tips and inspiration.

Age is below, I'm 6'3 and recently maxed out at about 320 lbs. I've always had a bit of a belly but I was super active until I tore my ACL in my early 20s and immediately gained 40 lbs. I ran the Boston Marathon in 2000 and was a very fit 235-240 but the weight snuck on again over the years. I'm making the Primal switch and getting myself used to exercise again by getting in to the gym four night last week (mostly light cardio and weightlifting.)

I recently had another knee surgery for torn meniscus and last week's trips to the gym told me the knee is not quite ready for prime time yet (squats, deadlifts, etc) so I'm going to lay off of those for now as I get into better all-around shape. I'm also planning on trying Pilates soon and hope that will provide another method to strengthen my knee and return myself to fitness.

I figured I'd go ahead and answer "The Questions" as well. Looking forward to being an active participant here.

The Questions:

Your location: Belmont, MA (outside of Boston)

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: Solid during the week, not so good on weekends which is what I'm going to change going forward.

Do you consume dairy: Only cream with my coffee and aged cheese on occasion (once a week at best)

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss

Favorite exercise: kettlebell swings

Favorite Primal food: a nice ribeye cooked medium rare

Best part about being Primal: Balanced, sustained energy throughout the day and a general feeling that I'm treating my body right.

Worst part about being Primal: Being married to a self described "Carb Girl"

UniqueTII is offline Senior Member
    Welcome, and good luck with your healing!
    I wish I liked to eat liver.