Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aloha! page

superwoman2010 Guest

Primal Fuel

Well, I'm new. Very new and very frustrated ; ). I started living what I knew as a healthy lifestyle in July of last year (2009) and managed to lose about 50 pounds by December 2009. Ever since, I have plateaued even though I am still calorie tracking and working out 6 days per week. I have been running myself into the ground by spinning, running, hiking, stairclimbing, walking, weight training, dieting, etc, all with good intentions followed by getting frustrated and taking it out on myself by restaurant "binging."

My husband referred me to this site. He has been eating this way (he used to call it the Paleo Diet) and working out in his own special way for over a decade and he is in the most incredible shape I have ever seen anyone in.

Just wanted to introduce myself. I have stopped running and stairclimbing as of yesterday because I actually have injured myself (hip and shin) and have decided to return to sprinting once a week, spinning twice per week, hiking once per week (I live in Hawaii and I cannot keep myself away from the gorgeous hikes on the island), and strength training with my personal trainer twice per week. I also want to add walking when I feel like moving. I don't know what I am doing in regards to PB quite yet, but I am sure I will figure it out in time.

Aloha!

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member

Hello back!!! Youre so lucky to live in such a beautiful place!

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

Welcome!

I'm taking a vacation in Hawaii in a couple weeks and am seriously considering finding some way to stay there.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

superwoman2010 Guest

Thanks to both of you!

Which island will you be visiting? I live on Oahu. It is expensive to live here, but oh so worth it. Nothing beats opening my eyes every morning and being able to watch the ocean before I even get out of bed. So calming and relaxing.

The only negative... I can't find the PB book on the island. It is sold out every where I have called so far.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

We'll mostly be on Oahu, with a day trip to Kauai.

If the PB is sold out there then I hope Vibram Fivefingers aren't, as well. I was planning on getting a pair there :/

On another note, I'd be interested to know if you can get grassfed beef there, or at least beef that's not brought in from a CAFO on the mainland.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member

PC maybe you should take her a book and have a mini primal meetup LOL!!!

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

superwoman2010 Guest

I found the book... I have to drive into Honolulu to get it, but I am on my way right now because I am taking my daughters to the beach and need some good reading material to occupy my brain as I soak up vitamin D. ; )

When I bought my last pair of running shoes at Runner's HI in Aiea, they had plenty of Vibram Fivefingers for sale.

I will check on the grassfed beef... I do not eat red meat, but I will try to figure out how to find that info for ya.

superwoman2010 Guest

paleo_piper is offline Junior Member

There are lots of places that have grassfed beef. Most of it comes from the Big Island as I recall.

Welcome superwoman20! I spent the first 24 years of my life on the islands. eatwild.com or is it .org? I don't remember has some HI resources and there are dozens of organic markets and farmers markets in Honolulu too.

superwoman2010 Guest

Thanks! I have only lived here for a few months, but so far I adore it. Just got back from the beach, tomorrow morning I am heading to the Farmer's Market in my town of Kapolei, and tomorrow afternoon I am hiking Koko Head Crater with my daughters and a friend. Life is wonderful right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast