Thread: LHT progressions page

Richardmac is offline Senior Member

LHT progressions

Hey guys. I am almost passed the target stage for Marks LHT workouts (only pressups to beat - 2x50 reps full pressups, im a couple reps shy of that).

How have you guys progressed past the target movements/reps, have you gone onto the decline pressups etc??

What results have you seen with the routine as a whole (from where you started to where you are now)? And are you doing it twice or three times a week?

Thanks guys and gals.

Richard

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    hey richard,

i haven't done pbf from the ebook in a while, but i had terrific success with it. i did it three days per week at the time, and progressed on each exercise whenever i hit the target for each level. that meant being on different levels for the exercises. i suppose i'm still working on the squats level...just don't really follow the program too specifically anymore. now, i just work on the movements at whichever level challenges me.
    it's a great program. keep at it.

Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    hey richard,

i haven't done pbf from the ebook in a while, but i had terrific success with it. i did it three days per week at the time, and progressed on each exercise whenever i hit the target for each level. that meant being on different levels for the exercises. i suppose i'm still working on the squats level...just don't really follow the program too specifically anymore. now, i just work on the movements at whichever level challenges me.
    it's a great program. keep at it.
    Thanks rob. I was going to hit it twice a week but ill do it three times. Given my goals, do you think Its suitable (I personally think it is)? I look forward to hitting yhe targets and trying out harder progressions.

Richard

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Definitely keep looking for more difficult exercises. If PBF starts getting boring or easy, get Convict Conditioning. If you master that (yeah, right!) then look at Building the Gymnastic Body for some pretty amazing stuff.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I did it 2x/week back when. The progressions are fun. I got to the level of needing a weight vest (ewww, except for pistols...never quite perfected those damned things)....then didn't buy one and switched to weight training again instead. I'll probably gravitate back to the PBF type thing again. I bore of a program after several months and have to do something completely different to keep engaged. If you plan on doing these things for life you are going to run through umpteen programs IMO.

Im now on advanced on each movement.

I would like to be doing something everyday so as I recently started doing each LHT workout 3x a week for a total of 6 sets of each, I am now swithering between either doing 1 set to failure of each movement once a day with Friday having me doing 2 sets to test to see If I can move on to a harder movement. OR Doing (for example) the 2 sets to failure of pushups and Squats on Monday, then the 2 sets of Pullups and Plank on Tuesday etc etc.

Thoughts??

On top of that, Mark recently wrote a great article on 'lowering heavy things' .... it would be interesting to drop back a stage or two and focus on the lowering phase.

Richard
    Last edited by Richardmac; 08-13-2012 at 06:26 AM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I know it says to do this 1-3 times a week but I am currently working out Monday to Thursday and was thinking of doing the Pushup/Pullup part of the LHT programme Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday and Thursday.That and some KB Swings.

Thoughts

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.