Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: when/where to stop? page

natro is offline Junior Member

when/where to stop?

ok i've been 99% grain and sugar free for a month and the weight is just melting off - 2st to go. i'm getting compliments on it! feel great. but, it's happening so dramatically my husband asked this morning what i'll change when i hit my ideal weight...i dont know? i assume i'll slow up before i look gaunt, but what if i dont?

i'm not that strict - i eat dairy, don't restrict/count calories at all and probably eat too many bananary pancakes and have the odd treat. i dont work out beyond carrying the 20lb baby everywhere and farm chores - which wasnt enough to stave off the carb weight before!

anybody gone too far on a primal diet? or do you just stay at a healthy weight?

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    You will plateau soon enough, don't you worry.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    lol, yes, ^^ this.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

missblue is offline Senior Member
    Yes, sadly, the effortless weight loss phase doesn't last forever. Then the endless tweaking begins unless you're smart and just let the program work and focus on eating good food in the right amounts. It really does take the body awhile to heal and get hormones dialed in, etc.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Eating good food will result in your body stabilizing at a healthy weight, for most people. Probably not anything to worry about.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Like everybody said, you won't just keep on losing weight until you are skin and bones. Your body will hit some kind of equilibrium, and then the changes will continue, but on a much finer and deeper level - the kind that isn't so very noticeable from the outside.

There is still a lot you can focus on, project by project, after the major weight is off: getting enough sun, good sleep, strengthening weaker muscles (if you have any not worked by all those farm chores, that is), trying barefoot walking, goofing around with cold water, sourcing better and better foodstuffs, maybe some fasting here and there, some additional hanky-panky with the hubby (with the hot, new body...), working the mind, and perhaps replacing all the toxic chemicals in the household cleaning supplies and personal toiletries if you have any of those.

And if you get around to it - would you explain the stone-weight system to me??

oliviascotland is offline Senior Member
    Weight in stones is easy - 14lbs equals 1 stone, so 21lbs would be 1 stone 7lbs (or one-and-a-half stone), and 32lbs would be 2st 4lbs, etc! Hope that helps.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    I've often wonder why the UK is the the only country to use stones, and then only for body weight it seems?? Most everywhere else is metric apart from the USA, they use pounds, but not stones. We don't buy anything else in stones with, you would't for example buy a big bag of potates by the stone, it would be a hundred weight, or multiple lbs or some such imperial mentalness that I don't understand????
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Imperial measurements are stupid. Didn't you guys fight a war or independance or something so you didn't have to follow imperial rules?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think we fighted with germany, it was mainly about using metric instead of imperial, coz most people in this country probably wouldn't have minded the nazis too much as long as they were middle class about it
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast