Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: when/where to stop? page 2

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    You won't waste away. You won't have any trouble stopping at some point. Don't worry about that at all. Don't give in to the grains and sugar you ate before as a way to slow the weight loss when you get there or you will gain it all back again.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 175 x 3. Current Deadlift: 225 x 3

natro is offline Junior Member
    I already try to not use chemicals - do laundry/cleaning with soapnuts, have a cool shower (never did like hot ones) and use pure castille on my hair! Never used to have a probem sleeping until the baby - she sleeps great, it's me that's become the insomniac! But i downloaded the dim-your-laptop thing and try to get into bed at least for ten and then read if I can't sleep.

I have to wear steel toe cap boots on the farm but going to buy moccasins for out-and-about and i go barefoot in the house.

so I'm doing pretty good!

No idea why we still use stones, we're supposed to be metric so kilos and kilometres, but we're just so used to lbs, pints, miles and stones! I guess the kilos and kilometers is very german and organised and logical; we like our quirky ways to measure things that don't really make sense!

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by natro View Post
    No idea why we still use stones, we're supposed to be metric so kilos and kilometres, but we're just so used to lbs, pints, miles and stones! I guess the kilos and kilometers is very german and organised and logical; we like our quirky ways to measure things that don't really make sense!
    I, personally, LIKE the fact that you keep those historical terms and measurements! For science and all, metric is called for. But - I would be one of the first to march in the streets if my government were ever to try to seriously ban US customary units use here. I have read here and there stories in the press about UK shopkeepers/farm stand sellers who have been fined for not using metric exclusively. Hopefully you all are as stubborn about it as we are - why should either of us give up a piece of history/culture if it works for our respective home countries?!

I don't think our brains are too small to be familiar with two systems: metric where necessary, and the home one for everything else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12