Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where , what would be the ultimate vacation for young me ? page

Bare is offline Junior Member

Lightbulb Where , what would be the ultimate vacation for young me ?

Primal Fuel
    I am 18 yrs old. I am primal have been for over a month. I cannot amagine myself living any other way !
    My parents offered me a vacation before I start college(psychology) . Where would one young individual endure a optimal, primal, fufulling get away ?

Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    Thailand, hands down. Snorkeling, scuba diving, climbing and kickboxing. Plus, the food is awesome.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    lucky duck! that's all i have to say.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    I can't tell you where you SHOULD go, but I can tell you where I would LIKE to go...

Scandinavia. I love the woods, and the cold, and fish, too. Thailand sounds like fun, but I have never been a beachy, swimmy, sun-seeking type. That, and maybe I am just too turned off by all the media reports of the sex trade there.

You haven't said what you like - sun? Ocean? Big city fun? Solitude? Foreign cultures? The folks here are a well-travelled, global bunch, but we need more info, please.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I would fly to Los Angeles, rent a comfy SUV and drive up the pacific coastline highway.

JBailey is offline Senior Member
    Back country horse packing?
    This site looks Montana-centric, but a pack trip/river raft seems pretty Primal, and Glacier Park is stunning - Our Favorite Horse Packing, Mule Packing and Trail Riding Links
    Montana Guided Hunts Deer Bear Elk Fly Fishing Horseback Pack Trips Trail Rides | Swan Mountain Outfitters

NE Oregon is another spectacular but underrated area. Very old west feel, and some pack outfitters there too.
    Seven Trees Farm - diversified subsistence farming on 1.25 acres.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterbike View Post
    Thailand, hands down. Snorkeling, scuba diving, climbing and kickboxing. Plus, the food is awesome.
    And the wimmenz!
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Bare is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    I can't tell you where you SHOULD go, but I can tell you where I would LIKE to go...

Scandinavia. I love the woods, and the cold, and fish, too. Thailand sounds like fun, but I have never been a beachy, swimmy, sun-seeking type. That, and maybe I am just too turned off by all the media reports of the sex trade there.

You haven't said what you like - sun? Ocean? Big city fun? Solitude? Foreign cultures? The folks here are a well-travelled, global bunch, but we need more info, please.
    Crabbcakes , I was born in border of Texas between mexico. Although traveled as a seasonal field labor migrant to Minnesota since the age of 7. Minnesota is where I will attend college. So I've been to the beaches of South Padre Island on spring break. I've hiked the monte at blazeing temperatures. I've swam in the chilly rivers of Minnesota, and hiked many times through the beauty of the rich green forests. When I put into comparison, the beach really blew me away disregarding the crazyness of spring break. Biggest city i've been able to explore is San Antonio, but i would much rather be able to use my own body to navigate. I just want a new experience . Somewhere magical ?

JBailey is offline Senior Member
    dood! Right here - Olympic National Park - Olympic National Park

Rain forest, stunning coasts, alpine magic, all doable via human-power. You can't get better than this in the lower 48. I grew up visiting this area almost every year of my life, and I still haven't seen/done it all.

http://www.nps.gov/olym/photosmultim...tofolympic.htm
    Seven Trees Farm - diversified subsistence farming on 1.25 acres.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Thailand is really very dang nice. The (visible) sex trade thing is confined to a couple of areas of Bangkok and a couple of beaches as I recall. There are A LOT of other beaches there!

Remembering that you are just 18 and don't have a lot of travel experience,but probably want some real adventure:

Costa Rica (never been but it would be a good first exposure to Latin America from what i hear)
    Turkey
    Vietnam
    All beautiful countries with a good combination of eye-opening differences from your / my pampered US life (no offense), yet pretty safe and easy to get around in.
    I was recently in Egypt and it was fantastic but your parents wouldn't let you go there right now.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast