Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where , what would be the ultimate vacation for young me ? page 3

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I loved my stay in San Fran and Santa Monica California. Plenty of excellent restaurants and both offer lots of walking... great shopping too... if you're into that sort of thing.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Manhattan or Paris. If you like cities.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    We drove from LA to San Fran and it was fabulous.. Unreal scenery, Big Sur, totally beautiful, some scary steep drop offs, but we wouldn't take anything now for those memories.
    I agree... husband and I made the drive from LA to SF a couple of times... back and forth (we lived on the central coast and the pacific coast highway drive was just too BEAUTIFUL not to take lots of advantage of before we left)
    And as far as west coast cities... SF is MUCH cooler than LA.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bare View Post
    I don't think my parents would let me go to Thailand , I will ask anyway ! Costa Rica would be sweet, and easier to navigate through since I speak pretty fluent Spanish. Vietnam and Turkey I have no ideal imagination about it, would have to use handy google search bar. & Egypt sounds mind numbing !
    Mind numbing usually means boring, doesn't it? Costa Rica would be an awesome choice. Get outside of the US if possible, ignore these people that want you to rent an RV and go to Disneyland. Seriously this kid is 18, time to have a little fun and learn about the world.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Bare is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    Mind numbing usually means boring, doesn't it? Costa Rica would be an awesome choice. Get outside of the US if possible, ignore these people that want you to rent an RV and go to Disneyland. Seriously this kid is 18, time to have a little fun and learn about the world.
    Typically yes, but I like to use the expression as meaning numbing to the mind to the extent that one cannot indure such scenery all at once so the mind feels numb. I felt like that when running into the ocean late at night in SPI. See i even have trouble trying to explain. Tfarny your input is golden thank you !

I feel the urge to thank this beautiful community. Thank you 100x

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    Well if you want a grand weeks long adventure then either Scotland or Ireland. If you would prefer a cozy little place to explore then why not try Iceland? If you want the pants scared off of you and have a slight death wish then walk through the Black Forest in Germany. My uncle did some army training there and basically sat on top of a tank all night because there were a bunch of wild boar nearby.
    So exotic, i'd love to get a chance to flee from one

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bare View Post
    So exotic, i'd love to get a chance to flee from one
    You could bring a knife or a spear and do some old school gentleman's hunting.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Goldie is online now Senior Member
    Go hiking in New Zealand. Amazing scenery, friendly people, and the youth hostels are wonderful. Although I'm not sure what it's like this time of year; I was there in the summer (November).

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    If you want the pants scared off of you and have a slight death wish then walk through the Black Forest in Germany. My uncle did some army training there and basically sat on top of a tank all night because there were a bunch of wild boar nearby.
    My family's car got rammed by a boar while we were driving down a dirt access road back to my Oma's house in the middle of the night once - and that was in central Germany, in the southern Knuellgebirge.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast