Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where , what would be the ultimate vacation for young me ? page 2

Bare is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by JBailey View Post
    Back country horse packing?
    This site looks Montana-centric, but a pack trip/river raft seems pretty Primal, and Glacier Park is stunning - Our Favorite Horse Packing, Mule Packing and Trail Riding Links
    Montana Guided Hunts Deer Bear Elk Fly Fishing Horseback Pack Trips Trail Rides | Swan Mountain Outfitters

NE Oregon is another spectacular but underrated area. Very old west feel, and some pack outfitters there too.
    Looks amazing.. I love the mixture of snow and stunning enviroment. No doubt i'll be over looking this more. Thanks for your input !

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    Thailand is really very dang nice. The (visible) sex trade thing is confined to a couple of areas of Bangkok and a couple of beaches as I recall. There are A LOT of other beaches there!

Remembering that you are just 18 and don't have a lot of travel experience,but probably want some real adventure:

Costa Rica (never been but it would be a good first exposure to Latin America from what i hear)
    Turkey
    Vietnam
    All beautiful countries with a good combination of eye-opening differences from your / my pampered US life (no offense), yet pretty safe and easy to get around in.
    I was recently in Egypt and it was fantastic but your parents wouldn't let you go there right now.
    I don't think my parents would let me go to Thailand , I will ask anyway ! Costa Rica would be sweet, and easier to navigate through since I speak pretty fluent Spanish. Vietnam and Turkey I have no ideal imagination about it, would have to use handy google search bar. & Egypt sounds mind numbing !

Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    I would fly to Los Angeles, rent a comfy SUV and drive up the pacific coastline highway.
    I've always wanted to visit Los Angeles all I get to see of it is in movies. Thank you JudyCr

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Belize...
    Snorkle, scuba, snorkle, scuba, snorkle, scuba...
    (Sorry, that's just me... I would spend the entire time IN the water.)
    Oh... and climb if you like that stuff too.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bare View Post
    I've always wanted to visit Los Angeles all I get to see of it is in movies. Thank you JudyCr
    Take someone you really like with you, take turns driving, it'd be awesome.
    Safe travels, sweetie.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I did LA...
    It vacillated between sub-urban wasteland and scary cesspool...
    And then the tiny bright spots of MONEY.
    But some folks might like that.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Well if you want a grand weeks long adventure then either Scotland or Ireland. If you would prefer a cozy little place to explore then why not try Iceland? If you want the pants scared off of you and have a slight death wish then walk through the Black Forest in Germany. My uncle did some army training there and basically sat on top of a tank all night because there were a bunch of wild boar nearby.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Radialhead is offline Senior Member
    Safari in Africa, or New Zealand for a bunch of extreme sports & amazing scenery.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    i think turkey would be amazing.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    We drove from LA to San Fran and it was fabulous.. Unreal scenery, Big Sur, totally beautiful, some scary steep drop offs, but we wouldn't take anything now for those memories.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast