Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Cheese? page

dan.desroches is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

I'm sure this is explained somewhere on here, but I didn't find much through the search function...My question is, why do we eliminate cheese from the diet? I understand some people may not tolerate dairy very well, but I used to drink a TON of milk as a kid, so maybe i'm slightly more tolerant. Is it safe to continue eating cheese?

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

A lot of people are sensitive to the protein casein, which is in dairy products.

If you're not sensitive, and you're not looking to lose weight, then having it a couple times a week should be all right for you.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Hmm, well I hope I'm not sensitive to casein, because I supplement it in powder form as well. I'm trying to gain some mass before I cut late April, but I definitely don't want to be packing on more fat than I need to. It might be a problem though because I eat cheese with eggs and broccoli very frequently throughout the week. Probably upwards of 12 meals.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

It seems that as long as your insulin is under control, it's tough to put on fat eating cheese and other dairy with minimal lactose. However, it seems that when you get within about 20 pounds of your goal body fat percentage, eating any kind of dairy puts a stop to fat loss.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

FrankOcean is offline Senior Member

I think it depends how processed the cheese is and if you tolerate dairy.

In my case I havent eliminate it from my diet, all though I only eat organic, hand made cheese.

My weight loss has not decreased..

tooround is offline Senior Member

I love my cream cheese, nuts and dried fruit for breakfast!

I'm not very big any more, 129 lbs at 5'3". I lost a honeymoon swoosh of 6 pounds in about three weeks and then my weight loss slowed.

I didn't really think much of it, because I'm close to my CW goal weight. Maybe I should skip my cheese for a couple of days

Cheese is convenient but not necessary for me.

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member

Sometimes you don't know you're intolerant to something until you cut it out for a while and then reintroduce it to your diet. If I eat cheese and cream all the time and then don't have it for a few weeks, when I eat it again I will get massive stomach pains. It's odd, but it seems if you are intolerant to something and eat it all the time you might not get many symptoms from it. Not saying you are intolerant, but you might want to try this to make sure.

Type 1 diabetic for 25 years.
    Low carb for 7 years, LC Primal for 2.5 of those.
    Fruit and starch free.
    Total weight loss- 3 stone/42 pounds. Current weight = 121 pounds. Height 5'5
    I take Zymessence systemic enzymes.

Legerity is offline Junior Member

Do you have any symptoms that would indicate you are intolerant to something you are eating? If you feel fine then then I don't think enjoying some cheese is a major problem. But then again I love cheese so I'm biased Raw and organic would probably be best.

Well, I never used to eat cheese, because I was always able to get enough calories in through other nutrients...I've been eating a high protein diet for the past 4 years, since I consider myself to be an amateur bodybuilder :P but I'm only recently really trimming down the carbs, for aesthetic and health purposes. So since I've just recently introduced cheese into my diet, and haven't experienced any intolerance or sickness of any kind, is it safe to say I'm ok with it?

I also noticed that most cheeses I've found so far contain 0.4g trans fats per 30g serving. Is this something I should worry about?

Canarygirl is offline Senior Member

"it seems that when you get within about 20 pounds of your goal body fat percentage, eating any kind of dairy puts a stop to fat loss."

PrimalChild, why is this? I eat cheese pretty much daily. I am not allergic to casein per allergy test or personal experience. Are you referring to the natural sugars (lactose) in milk? Or something with the casein itself?

I'm a quitter...but I'm back now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast