Thread: Primal Protein Shake page

Greg is offline Senior Member

I was experimenting with different ways to come up with a whey & dairy free primal protein shake and wound up with this concoction... I gotta say, it's pretty darn good!

12 oz. filtered water

1/2 cup 100% egg white powder

1/4 tsp. organic orange extract

1 Tbsp. organic unrefined virgin coconut oil

Ice cubes

Mix it all in a blender and you've got an orange/coconut flavored tropical protein shake. If you choose to add a sweetener, that's optional but I don't use artificial sweeteners nor did I miss it.

32g. protein

<2g. carbs (from the egg whites)

14g. fat

270 cals

I&#39;m going to have one of these before and after my workouts because I&#39;m trying to get my protein up to 200 grams per day and it&#39;s tough for me simply because I just can&#39;t physically eat that much food.

The two shakes add to 64g and the other 140 or so grams of protein I can easily do with whole foods. Between my eggs for breakfast and beef, chicken, pork or fish for lunch and dinner I&#39;ve got the rest covered.

ZC - 100% Carnivore

I EAT VEGANS

BrettD is offline Junior Member
    So is whey protein not acceptable? This shake sounds really good. I'll have to try it!

Molecular Grokologist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Whey protein isn't strict paleo, but it's excellent for you. Quality matters, though.
    Give me liberty. Exploration of other options will be vigorously discouraged.

Wondering something sciencey? Ask me in my Ask a Biochemist Thread