Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: am I losing too much weight? how do i gain weight on paleo? page 2

abc123 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by lissee View Post
    +5,944,629

Edit: AND by all means! Stay away from the potatoes! It sounds like you're allergic and your body is speaking out loud and clear on that fact. For an occasional carb refeed I eat rice (gasp) and fruit.
    I agree here.. Stay away from the starchy stuff, if you are allergic or sensitive to them, they could be draining your body of the good nutrients you're trying to retain for the weight gain.. Notice GAPS diet usually recommends staying away from fruit & starches till the digestive tract heals, & can absorb those foods properly.. Seems for me almost to be a fiber issue.. Too much fiber destroys my stomach

To gain weight, (I'm here myself) you'll need more calories, dense calories.. but primal calories.. I like eggs, avocado, full fat yogurt, fatty red meats, cheeses (I opt for the Goat) probiotic supplement, L-Glutamine, maybe another digestive enzyme..

Make SURE, you're getting good sleep.. nothing wrecks a digestive system like lack of sleep.. I'd be willing to say SLEEP is the most important aspect of health (If you don't believe, watch the movie "The Machinist" with Christian Bale.. watched it last night, sleep is important .. Rest more, workout less, more time bw sets in the gym, compound lifts (5x5 type deal) little to no cardio, more rest, more eat, more rest, low stress, then EAT.. Gotta conserve energy & build.. not burn & deduct energy

Leida is offline Senior Member
    What can I do to gain weight? I've been eating about 2500 calories per day (60% fat, 30% protein, 10% carbs) since going 99% paleo. I cook everything in coconut oil and douse my veggies in melted butter. I realize that I can gain weight eating carbs, but I'm worried my acne flaring up.
    I believe one of the alternatives someone tried to milk on GOMAD was a jar of PB a day. But since calories are easier to drink than to eat, have you tried drinking a can of coconut milk a day?
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

vb66 is offline Senior Member
    I agree with everyone who suggested upping your calories. 2500 is a joke for a 22 year old male looking to gain weight. You need to eat more than you think you need. At first, that might mean until you're uncomfortably full. Your body will adjust to the amount of food after a few weeks. Digestive enzymes are great for this.

Eric5105 is offline Member
    I'm the same height and a year older. 2500 calories is nothing. Lift big, eat big. I down over 4k on my heavy lifting days. Just eat a lot of large omlettes, eat rice, and large packs of ground meat. Take digestive enzymes if you have any issues with bloating/digestion.

You're really skinny, treat yourself to some ice cream or smoothies.
    Last edited by Eric5105; 08-02-2012 at 04:02 PM.

JamestheJust is offline Junior Member
    Having one potato ain't gonna cause you to break out bro, you're 20, it's called hormones.

dirk41 is offline Senior Member
    I will try eating 3000 calories a day and see how that goes. As for the people suggesting digestive enzymes, can you recommend a cheap, effective one and where to buy it?

vb66 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk41 View Post
    I will try eating 3000 calories a day and see how that goes. As for the people suggesting digestive enzymes, can you recommend a cheap, effective one and where to buy it?
    Try NOW Foods Superenzymes. Not sure where you buy them in the US but I think they're common.

jem51 is offline Senior Member
    Can't remember her name but she is the person who often has recipes on Cordain's site. Anyway, she added CO to gain weight.

Eric5105 is offline Member
    I'm no expert on digestive enzymes, but these get the job done for me.

Amazon.com: Source Naturals Daily Essential Enzymes, 500mg, 360 Capsules: Health & Personal Care

Any bloating or discomfort that I used to get from eating a lot of cottage cheese, potatoes, or large amounts of proteins/meat went away. They also give your body more of the energy and nutrients from the food since you're body has quick access to the enzymes it needs to break the food down. Digestive enzymes and fish oil are the only supplements I take.

dirk41 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric5105 View Post
    I'm no expert on digestive enzymes, but these get the job done for me.

Amazon.com: Source Naturals Daily Essential Enzymes, 500mg, 360 Capsules: Health & Personal Care

Any bloating or discomfort that I used to get from eating a lot of cottage cheese, potatoes, or large amounts of proteins/meat went away. They also give your body more of the energy and nutrients from the food since you're body has quick access to the enzymes it needs to break the food down. Digestive enzymes and fish oil are the only supplements I take.
    Just ordered this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12