Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is happening to me? page 2

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It's a wonderful thing

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohannaAnderson View Post
    Funny you should mention cramps---I've been having a lot of cramps in both calves for about a week! I started eating a banana a day (my only fruit) in hopes of alleviating them. Maybe I should just supplement with potassium and magnesium.

I can't help looking in the mirror when I walk by----It's the first time in so long that I like how I look in a skirt!
    It's very common to cramp up when starting low carb, it happened to me too. Definitely up your Mag and Po with a supplement for a couple of weeks. It's a temporary thing having to do with fluid loss etc. and not a big deal.
    Bananas don't actually have that much potassium, by the way. Dark green veg has more. And as for the skirt - pics or your a liar!
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    avocado and miso soup are good for this too.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

cantare is offline Senior Member
    "What's happened to you" is that you've flipped the endocrine switch that lets you make use of your main fuel 'tank'--ie., your body fat. You'd been living from meal to meal running on a tiny reserve of blood sugar, all too soon depleted, while much of what you consumed got locked away as more fat. Now the floodgates are open. That's the nutshell summary, anyway.

Take the difference between what you eat now and what you used to eat, visualize that amount in the form of lard or butter (or what have you), and then consider that you're getting about that much energy from your own fat stores each day...hey, no wonder you're not hungry! Enjoy the ride!
    6' 2" | Age: 42 | SW: 341 | CW: 198 | GW: 180?

“Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.”
    ― Søren Kierkegaard

I didn't say I look really GOOD in a skirt--at least not yet. But for a 50 year old woman, it's not bad. I'm on my way. When I have lost about 15 more pounds, I will definitely post a picture!

The insidious thing about the obesity epidemic here where I live is that my standard for what is normal and acceptable can easily start to shift. When I go out, nearly everyone I see is hugely overweight and has other symptoms of poor hygiene and self-care (it's Appalachia). By local standards, I am practically a supermodel already.

Can't help growing older, but it will be fun to look damn good while I'm at it!

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    You are living on your body fat now, that's why you can eat so little. There is a reason why people like Chacotaco show pictures of enormous meals in the recipe section: they have no more body fat to live off of and basically stuff themselves with potatoes to keep going.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    for Potassium eat avocados instead of bananas Fitness, Health & Well-Being | FitSugar

what's happening to your body is that your brain is seeing the hormone, leptin, your fat cells are releasing. Insulin blocks the brain seeing this hormone.

liptin and insulin work like this: The Skinny on Obesity (Ep. 3): Hunger and Hormones- A Vicious Cycle - YouTube

full series:
    The Skinny on Obesity (Ep. 1): An Epidemic for Every Body - YouTube
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12