Thread: The Skinny on Obesity page

Scott F is offline Senior Member

The Skinny on Obesity

Shop Now
    UCTV
    University of California TV Dr Robert Lustig
    How did we get so fat, so fast? The debut episode of this 7-part series debunks the theory that obesity only affects the "gluttons and sloths" among us and is, in fact, a public health problem that impacts everyone. Series: "UCTV Prime: The Skinny on Obesity" [Health and Medicine] [Show ID: 23305]

The Skinny on Obesity (Ep. 1): An Epidemic for Every Body - YouTube
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Tercio is offline Senior Member
    Interesting, thanks. I'll be watching this even though we all here already know most of this. I'll link Dr. Lustig's lecture on sugar Sugar: The Bitter Truth - YouTube in case anyone here has not seen it yet. I do try to keep my fructose intake low as part of eating primal. Particularly interesting to me is the part on sugar metabolism in the liver leading to fat storage.

Tercio

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    I thought this was better then Sugar: The Bitter Truth. All total this one is longer but going into it more about the roll of insulin and leptin. For example, they also go into how sugar consuming pregnant women are sitting their child up for a lifetime of obesity by also driving up the fetus' insulin
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?