Thread: 7 Days of Conference Travel --- How I meet my daily requirements of Paleo page

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member

7 Days of Conference Travel --- How I meet my daily requirements of Paleo

Today is Day 1 of 7, of Conference Travel. I'll be documenting how I stay Paleo, despite the challenges of travel, time zone change and hotel living.

Depart Toronto @ 6am --- no time for breakfast.
    8:00 am - arrive at airport. Check in and time to eat.
    Pathetic 'health food bar'. Had 2 boiled eggs, zucchenni, red peppers and mushrooms, 1 small yogourt, coffee, cream and banana.
    11:00 am flight - cancelled
    12:30 pm next flight
    No food worth eating on flight. Had water and a few nuts that I carried in my purse.
    Felt hungry upon arrival in Vancouver.
    Taxi from airport to hotel.
    Feeling tired (3 hour difference).
    Met chef in hotel restaurant and explained no starch carbs, no wheat and no sugar --- Chef was amazing!
    Lesson learned: Always meet the chef --- they want to make you happy.
    I had for dinner:
    - Halibut with cilantro and garlic
    - roasted carrots, broccoli, pea pods, tomatoes
    - small caesar salad, without the croutons
    - glass of red wine.

I'm so happy. It's 6:30 pm here (9:30pm Toronto Time) ---- curtains are closed, room is dark and I'm going to sleep. So happy the chef understands what I can have and is on board for making my 7 day visit a success! Lucky me. Lesson Learned: Communicate, ask for help and you shall be successful.

Night all!
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Day 2 of 7 Day - out of Province conference trip.

Day 2 was another successful Paleo day while on a 7-day conference trip. I'm now at the tail end of Week 5 Paleo which means I'm in my 2nd, Whole 30 primal. At around Week 2 of going Primal, my body set a natural rhythm of wanting two meals a day. The first meal is generally around 11am and the 2nd meal is around 5-6pm. That rhythm is fairly natural for me now so I run with it, rather than spending too much time analyzing it.

So, Saturday morning in the hotel, I went for a very large breakfast which included:
    3 x coffee with full fat cream
    1 x 3 egg omlette stuffed with tomatoes, mushrooms and bacon
    1 side order of pork, breakfast sausages.
    Water is my drink of choice.

Once breakfast was out of the way, I toured (walked miles and miles), around Vancouver, exploring the neighbourhoods, shops etc. My course begins Monday morning, so I'll be inside the hotel for most of the week.

Once back to the hotel, I had dinner around 7 pm --- a mixed platter of cold cut meats, lettuce, olives, hardboiled egg and a few pickles along with a small bowl of cream-based carrot soup. Lots and lots of water was consumed during the day.

My goal consumption each day is as follows:
    1100-1300 calories
    50 grams carbs
    60-80 grams protein
    50-80 grams fat

The intent is to drop 1-2 lbs per week. I haven't started yet with the heavy lifting or sprinting but will start that in the next week or so. It's tough to find enough time in the day while working full time, and completing my MBA. I'll feel so much better once I can exercise every day. For now, I'm content with walking 20-30 km per week (I try to walk to work a few days per week).

I'll check in later today with my Day 3 report. Have a great day, everyone! Be kind to yourselves.
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Day 3 of 7 of the Conference Trip.

Today was a milestone for me. After being Primal for 5-1/2 weeks, I FINALLY committed to doing my hotel room workout. I have been delaying on the workouts, but today has changed all that. I logged onto nerdfitness.com which is a great site for workouts that involve body weight and movements. So, I'm proud of myself and I completed the full 3 rounds of each exercise. Yeah to new beginnings!

I recently bought 3 new suits for this conference and to my dismay (delight), they are all too big on me. It's embarassing because they are kind of hanging off me --- not how I like to present myself --- but I'm thrilled that my body is morphing into something new and exciting.

Food today! All is good in the food world:
    Breakfast: 2 eggs, tomatoes, coffee and cream
    Lunch: Clam chowder + Caesar salad (no croutons)
    Dinner: Indian Buttered chicken (skipped the Naan, though)

Lots and lots and lots of water -- hotel rooms are quite dry.

Onwards and updwards. I can't wait to get home next week and weight myself --- That will be 9 days of not knowing how much I've dropped--- exciting!
    F, 48, 5'10"

dbalch is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You are doing great not eating grains, but don't you care about the quality of your meat? I don't eat meat from Concentrated Animial Feeding Operations. I buy local grass fed meat, milk and eggs from local farmers and wild caught fish from the supermarket. This is a big problem for me when I am travelling. I try to order lamb and turkey whenever I can. I actually avoid eggs because they are shot through with hormones and antibiotics and the laying hens are fed crap and are horribly abused.

I think you're better off eating pancakes on the road than those CAFO meats. It's just some temporary carbs and gluten, not poison.