Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't start! page

TomJonesCA is offline Junior Member

Can't start!

Primal Fuel
    Hello Everyone,

I have posted once or twice before. A long time ago. I still am not living primal.
    I have so many reasons to live primal, but I just can't/won't/am not willing/afraid or any other excuse.
    I know that when I start, I will succeed. I just need to start.

Any advice? I live in California where the weather is the best. The produce is the best. There are farms with excellent meat. I just need to start.

I'm no baby. I'm not looking for attention or pity. I would just like to hear from someone who also had a difficult time starting and who is now living primal.

Today's transition story is motivating. I would kill for his body. I just need to start.

If you could assist me, thank you. If you feel I'm a blithering idiot, delete me.

Thanks.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Naw, it's cool. I started in spurts, too. The thing that did it for me was gradually introducing more whole foods, and eating lots of them, so I didn't need my old staple frozen pizzas anymore.

Some jump in headfirst and writhe in the water. I am more the wading type. But both learn to swim.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    One change, one step, one food, one meal at a time. What are you afraid of?
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

hulahoop is offline Senior Member
    As above, what are you afraid of?

I spent some time reading up and doing some planning before i jumped in. If you want to do it, i would sort your cupboards out, make a plan and do some decent shopping. Tell yourself you will try it for one month and go for it! You won't want to revert back after that month!

Good luck

jmday is offline Senior Member
    California Native living in land locked Kansas
    Tough love here. Stop making excuses and start already.

Change 1 thing a month. Can be big change like give up grains. Honestly anything more than 1 a month sets most people for failure.
    Julia
    Starting Weight 235 - Dec 1, 2010
    Started Primal Mid January 2011
    Current Weight 183
    Goal 160

Get Outside Already!

http://moderndayfitandfood.wordpress.com/
    http://moderndaydesigns.wordpress.com/

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    I knew for a long time that eating and living this way would help me but I was lazy, unmotivated and worried about the expense of it all. It took the doc telling me I was going to be a cripple or dead in the next 10 years, no questions no maybes. I was dieing and that's what it took.

I am living hand to mouth trying to afford this, I have to scramble for enough money to keep my kids and myself fed. Daycamp fees, child support, student loans, rent, bills etc all are bleeding me dry. I probably eat more rice than is good for me and forget the fancy grass fed meat. I am doing it, loosing weight and feeling good. The squirrels and pigeons that have fallen to my slingshot are many and all chicken if the kids ask. I am growing mushrooms under all the hedges in the area and my greens frequently are foraged garlic mustard and dandelion leaves. Hell I gave up World of Warcraft so I had an extra 20 bucks a month for food.

If I can do it, what's stopping you?
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

TCates190 is offline Senior Member
    Honestly I kinda just jumped right in, I found it was tough for the first 2 weeks but I'm one of those people that's all or nothing. Maybe just start by only buying primal foods at the grocery store? Then you will eventually run out of non primal food in your house.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    ...I probably eat more rice than is good for me and forget the fancy grass fed meat. I am doing it, loosing weight and feeling good. The squirrels and pigeons that have fallen to my slingshot are many and all chicken if the kids ask. I am growing mushrooms under all the hedges in the area and my greens frequently are foraged garlic mustard and dandelion leaves. Hell I gave up World of Warcraft so I had an extra 20 bucks a month for food.
    If I can do it, what's stopping you?
    YOU DA MAN.

As my best buddy from childhood says, "eat mo' possum"
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    No possums hereabouts but but ground hogs are everywhere.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    No possums hereabouts but but ground hogs are everywhere.
    Does it taste like boar meat? I'm an ace shot w/ a rifle, but I want to buy a bow & arrow & shoot me some critters for dinner. I know I could MAKE a bow & arrows, but that's too much work & time, & I want some free & fast meat asap. Was supposed to go fishin' yesterday but I got stood up!
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast