Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best idea ever. page

JohnOTD is offline Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I'm sitting at work in St. Croix. It's a much slower day than the last 3 days have been. I've been pulling all my hair out...oh wait..

So I was thinking, "how can we really put the primal/paleo message out there?" Now I know what a lot of you are thinking... "We don't want too many followers of CW and the SAD to come over to the PB because we want to be the elite/the fringe/what-have-you". But consider this: the more people that are following the paleo/primal lifestyle, the more in demand products like grass-fed meats and eggs and organic vegetables will be, which should see an increase in production and a subsequent decrease in prices. And wouldn't it be nice to help people who are interested in working towards optimal health?

Enough chatter, onto the idea.

I have 1.5 years left on my contract here in St. Croix. At the end of my contract, I want to head back to the continental U.S. and travel for six months to a year living the PB and visiting individuals and communities dedicated to the PB lifestyle; asking questions about PB, sharing meals, playing together, sprinting together, etc. I'd like to take these experiences and make a documentary. It will also chronicle my own experience in terms of becoming healthier, stronger and leaner.

I think over the next year and a half I can save enough for camera equipment and gas to get me around the states.

As stated in a previous post, I intend to make about 15-20 lbs. of pemmican a week once I start production (probably next month), which after a year of production should give me a pretty hefty supply of food while traveling.

Any thoughts on this idea? Any suggestions?

www.primalfreedom.blogspot.com

If a man has the right to self-ownership, to the control of his life, then in the real world he must also have the right to sustain his life by grappling with and transforming resources; he must be able to own the ground and the resources on which he stands and which he must use. In short, to sustain his human right. - Murray Rothbard

tl;dr

I want to travel the states and make a documentary about the PB lifestyle.

If a man has the right to self-ownership, to the control of his life, then in the real world he must also have the right to sustain his life by grappling with and transforming resources; he must be able to own the ground and the resources on which he stands and which he must use. In short, to sustain his human right. - Murray Rothbard

Brewtality Guest

Sounds like a fun idea. Would be much better if you could document a more extreme case than your own to show the effects of the primal way.

I just don't thinking taking someone healthy, and making them healthy will convince a world preprogrammed to seeing the biggest loser type results.

@Brewtality

Very true. Right now I'm not in the best of health (seeing as I just started this maybe 2 weeks ago). I have a wheat-belly and I just quit smoking 2 days ago. I am currently chronicling my progress at www.primalfreedom.blogspot.com (shameless plug). Maybe I could include pictures/audio commentary (and maybe crude video) at the end of the documentary to show my progress from my 'early days' in the PB (which is right now). Or maybe I can find someone with time to kill who is addicted to the SAD to come along with me and live primal.

anniegebel Guest

I think it sounds wonderful...and I bet you'd find people who you could interview from all the places you travel who have been living primally for long or short amounts of time, both would be great to showcase. I know I've found awe in the stories on here of both those learning with me and those who have been doing this for months or years. I also love the range of ages, professions, lifestyles we come from...making a documentary is a great idea!

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Umm...do you seriously think we want to be the elite fringe?

I think most of us want to see other people discover the health and energy we have. Personally, I ache to see "them" struggle fruitlessly to meet their goals when all they have is bad information.

Those who do really want to be the elite fringe will still do it, by working primal/paleo to its stricter extremes, focusing more on strength training, etc.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Athena is offline Senior Member

I think this is a fantastic idea! I love documentaries! Count me in! Come play on the beach with us down here in San Diego! :-D

@Barbey

I don't seriously think we want to be "the elite" or "the fringe". I was just being facetious based on always seeing people say about those on the SAD or vegetarians, "Oh well, more fat and meat for me!"

NicoB is offline Senior Member

I was thinking of something like this myself a few days back. We need our own show.

Well, if in a year and a half you need someone to travel with you let me know. I'll fly back to the US for a project like this.

Once you learn that you create your own reality and that you are fully responsible for your life, you can begin to see the world as it is and then you realize the limitless possibilities.

@Nico

Fly back to the US? Where are you now and what took you there?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast