Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Restaurant meats page 4

Enilegna/hearts is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I don't even think I'd know where to find free-range whatnot lol. None of the meat I buy says it, except hotmone free which i guess its better than nothing

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I don't eat grass fed either, unless someone somewhere is feeding it to me without my knowledge. I just have other places that need my fiscal attention at the moment. Things like "saving my cash so I'm not homeless or completely dependant on my boyfriend when I get laid off". That kind of stuff.

Anyway, this thread reminded me about a photo shoot my non-primal boyfriend did this week. It was with a couple of fairly prominant chefs (best-selling books, TV shows) and he told me they were discussing trends in their line of work. According to these chefs, local sourcing and quality, seasonal foods are becoming more and more of a big deal with some of the better restaurants. And that's pretty impressive, especially considering this is Vegas, and almost nothing grows here. But they still find local sources for fish (NOT from Lake Mead, thank you), beef and vegetables.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post

Anyway, this thread reminded me about a photo shoot my non-primal boyfriend did this week. It was with a couple of fairly prominant chefs (best-selling books, TV shows) and he told me they were discussing trends in their line of work. According to these chefs, local sourcing and quality, seasonal foods are becoming more and more of a big deal with some of the better restaurants. And that's pretty impressive, especially considering this is Vegas, and almost nothing grows here. But they still find local sources for fish (NOT from Lake Mead, thank you), beef and vegetables.
    Vegas? I wonder where those Brazillian style restaurants get their meat~ love the variety, would be great if it was grass fed too!

JBailey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChance View Post
    "Fed a vegetarian diet"...wouldn't that essentially mean "was forced to unnaturally subsist on GMO soybean byproduct"?
    Just getting into this topic now, but I do know that vegetarian diet includes 'bedding material' from a diff species. As in industrial chickens & cows are fed pig shit & bedding, cows & pigs are fed chicken shit & bedding, etc. Vegetarian also means factory waste like spent oils, rotten crops, and past date junk food.

Storebought & restaurant quality meat (unless you read otherwise on the menu/packaging) has been pumped full of about 10% brine to make it soft and salty, and mask the garbage flavor in the fats.

Nothing I willingly eat. When I do want the treat of restaurant food, I vote with my dollars in places that use quality ingredients. Even then, I find homegrown is better.
    Seven Trees Farm - diversified subsistence farming on 1.25 acres.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    lynna, want me to shut your circuit breaker off?
    How long will it take you to get here?

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    if i start walking now, i estimate about a month and a half
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    if i start walking now, i estimate about a month and a half
    Ohhh... lots of miles you can log for your "Walk to Mordor"
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Ohhh... lots of miles you can log for your "Walk to Mordor"

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Wayne View Post
    Wow, this whole thread just made me feel like a piece of Paleo-poop. I don't eat any "organic, grain free meat" just because it's too expensive and it's rather difficult to obtain it where I live. So I just live off of commercial meat then. I know it's not the greatest and I shudder when I think of the conditions those animals are forced to live in, but I make the best of it anyway.
    I don't think I'm a food-nazi, being that I don't judge others more highly coz they can afford or choose organic grass fed meat, or wild seafood, conversely I don't think less of anyone that cannot afford to eat meat other than CAFO. I just can afford it most of the time, but there certainly have been many times I couldn't & I ate whatever I could afford.

Don't sweat it. Just avoiding grains & processed junk & sugar, those are HUGE. Bless your foods, no need to believe in a sky deity or a higher power. Just send some love into it, while chopping, cooking, mixing & eating whatever it is you have for your daily meal. It certainly can't hurt you to do so...
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    In theory, I agree. I'd intellectually chose the soy crap before the battery chicken. But faced with the IRL choice, I will always opt for the meat or fish, no matter the source, if I'm genuinely hungry when I place my order.

Now would I eat tainted pork or spoiled seafood, or fish with lots of heavy metal?, hell no. I got REALLY sick once in Bangkok from eating bad prawns. Never again, if I can help it...

I'm sorry, I just ate so much tofu & chickpea/wheat burgers, soy burgers in the 90s that I'm just done & if I never eat another fake burger in my life, great. I'll take commercial meat over a fake burger any day. Just not every day...
    Realistically it wouldn't come to eating soy cooked in soy oil because most restaurants serve some decent vegetarian options or meals with fish. I couldn't really care less if fish is farmed although most of it isn't locally. I don't eat expensive grass fed meat that much because I can't afford it, most of the meat I eat is game which is pretty cheap, even cheaper than CR meat. My brother hunts as well so I get venison for free a few times a year if I'm lucky.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234