Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Restaurant meats page 3

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by mrh1968 View Post
    support your locally owned restaurants. They usually use real ingredients. Go to most chain restaurants and they serve food that is premade and processed. plus it helps your local economy to keep those profits in your town.
    ^^this.

i realize some places are just choked to death with chain-chain-chchchchch-chain, but for those of us who live elsewise, patronize small businesses. that means local, indie restaurants.

i have worked in fine-dining all my life. the chefs are intense fanatics. they have spawned many chefs with equal passion, but smaller wallets. (at least to start, lol.) they are the main reason for the serious snout-to-tail movement in my city. they buy a whole organic heritage pig and use every bit. some chefs will chip in and split a cow. it's AWESOME!! and we get to eat stuff i will never have the patience to make.

2nd to that is farm-to-table. but it is real. i've met lots of the farmers, both of land and sea, and it's super cool.

eat at applebee's at your own risk, but there are plenty of other dining options for real food.

speak with your wallet. keep your health.

As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    Meats are the one thing I'm most strict on. I would rather eat a soy vegetarian cooked meal cooked in soybean oil than battery farm chicken
    I'm just the opposite - I'll take cheap turkey over tofurkey every single time! Glad those are not my choices, though.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    You are aware that there are restaurants that serve good meat right?

Locally we have a restaurant that serves wild boar, bison, elk, grass fed beef, grass fed lamb, quail, duck, and rabbit...
    Actually there are several places local that offer grass fed beef, it's just NOT that hard to find.
    Plus lots of places that serve fish/shell fish that is wild caught.

Seriously... going out for dinner doesn't have to have "gross meat" involved.
    Just stay away from chains mostly.
    Though I don't mind a Chipotle bowl on occasion... sometimes it's the best option if away from home (traveling, appointments and won't be home in time to cook, etc)... steak, rice, peppers/onions, tomato pico, hot sauce, and guac! Not bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChance View Post
    Whatever works for you... Personally, I'm not stressed... When I eat shitty meat, I feel shitty. When I cook awesome foods for myself, I feel great. If it means I avoid restaurant meat indefinitely I'm fine with that. When people ask why I'm just eating salad, though, I might have to launch on my meat quality rant. Part of being aware means you can't cheat without guilt. Even so, I strive to be more aware of what I put in my body every day.
    By "people" I'm guessing you mean your friends and family...
    Wow, you sound FUN to socialize with.
    I'd seriously stop inviting you... and I actually agree about meat quality. But ranting is juvenile and uncalled for. Period.

And as far as the idea that someone had rather eat a soyvegmeatsubstitute cooked in soybean oil... Whatever!
    Even if a real turkey was fed soy in it's grain mix, it wouldn't be as bad for you... birds are meant to digest grains.
    But we all make our own choices.
    Last edited by cori93437; 07-28-2012 at 11:56 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Whatever.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    Meats are the one thing I'm most strict on. I would rather eat a soy vegetarian cooked meal cooked in soybean oil than battery farm chicken
    In theory, I agree. I'd intellectually chose the soy crap before the battery chicken. But faced with the IRL choice, I will always opt for the meat or fish, no matter the source, if I'm genuinely hungry when I place my order.

Now would I eat tainted pork or spoiled seafood, or fish with lots of heavy metal?, hell no. I got REALLY sick once in Bangkok from eating bad prawns. Never again, if I can help it...

I'm sorry, I just ate so much tofu & chickpea/wheat burgers, soy burgers in the 90s that I'm just done & if I never eat another fake burger in my life, great. I'll take commercial meat over a fake burger any day. Just not every day...
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Wow, this whole thread just made me feel like a piece of Paleo-poop. I don't eat any "organic, grain free meat" just because it's too expensive and it's rather difficult to obtain it where I live. So I just live off of commercial meat then. I know it's not the greatest and I shudder when I think of the conditions those animals are forced to live in, but I make the best of it anyway.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    no worries wayne, me too
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    no worries wayne, me too
    Fo sho...
    I don't always eat grass fed because I can't drive.
    And not driving means not making long trips to the butcher when husband is working... but quick trips to the local grocery.

Don't sweat what some crazy food-nazi thinks.
    Husband and I prefer the little privately owned places that serve the grass-fed/wild game and stuff mostly because we prefer to support the local business owners when we go out instead of the big Chain places... that's all.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Actually I was hoping for a raging thunderstorm and resultant power failure so I had an excuse to go out to eat cuz I don't feel like cooking. Dint happen. Oh well...guess I'll have to cook those grain fed hamburgers I bought.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    lynna, want me to shut your circuit breaker off?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast