Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Restaurant meats page 2

2ndChance is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Me too! It'd get crowded in here. But hey, before I was primal, I was a vegetarian so...

Yanno, you all sound way too much like my mom. "Relax! Eat a bagel, it won't kill you"...well no, but it definitely won't make me stronger.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I go out for sushi. I'm pretty sure that meat is good. I also went out for dinner at a place where all the food is sourced for high quality. Dinner for two was $200. The lamb was great. The mussels were fabulous. The chanterelles and green beans heavenly. The Pino noir wonderful. I have no problem going out for dinner, except for it hurts my wallet.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Dude, it's 80/20. And I HATE most of the invocations of 80/20 around here. You are suffering from food fascism and possibly orthorexia. The stress is doing more damage to you than the occasional less-than-stellar-sourced meat.
    He may or may not be suffering from anything, but dude, take your own advice, & chill the hell out ... BUT I agree with you on the matter of 80/20. AND there are plenty of good restaurants offering better if not the best meats, seafoods & fishes. And like Chipotle, it doesn't have to break the bank to eat out once in while...
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChance View Post
    Me too! It'd get crowded in here. But hey, before I was primal, I was a vegetarian so...

Yanno, you all sound way too much like my mom. "Relax! Eat a bagel, it won't kill you"...well no, but it definitely won't make me stronger.
    Well, that explains a lot ~ you're probably over-experienced in the judgemental department.

ATTAACK is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassanina View Post
    I go out to Chipotle or Freebirds (both burrito-style restaurants) a lot, as they both use more humane and/or organic meats and ingredients.
    Chipotle: Food With Integrity
    Slightly off topic: What do you eat when you go to Chipotle?

mrh1968 is offline Junior Member
    support your locally owned restaurants. They usually use real ingredients. Go to most chain restaurants and they serve food that is premade and processed. plus it helps your local economy to keep those profits in your town.

Enilegna/hearts is offline Senior Member
    On the weekends my dad doesn't like to cook (thank God), so we always end up either eating out, or buying food to bring to the house. But the majority of time we buy big orders from the Supermarket Cafeteria and to bring home (not fancy, but certainly not KFC either). I'm pretty sure the meat isn't grass fed but it tastes great.

Just throwing my two cents on my "%20s".

cookiemonster is offline Member
    My best restaurant experience actually happened at Applebees recently. Me and the old lady went there and I saw those cheapo 2 for one orders. So I ordered a lame wad steak (yes I'm sure non grass fed, maybe even grilled up in an environment of some vegetable oil-and no I didn't be a Richard to ask about their cooking methods and going back to observe them in the Kitchen or something) It was just a less than quality primal/paleo order of steak and vegetables and being with the ole lady.

What made the steak so delicious . . . it was FREE!!!! The waitress dropped my original order when she bumped into someone near the kitchen (glad she didn't hurt herself) so to my surprise they just took some more time and offered my meal for FREE!! and if it's free it is for me! For a chain restaurant to do that -I thought pretty darn nice of them.

I'm sure the endorphins released from my wallet soothed over all those Omega 3 and CLA deficiencies in my CAFO steak that was dare I say again . . .FREE!!!!!.

eat in or dine out and you can still be paleoish and primalish -and be healthy and satisfied-not obsessive and anal

Peace
    Last edited by cookiemonster; 07-27-2012 at 08:02 PM.

Meats are the one thing I'm most strict on. I would rather eat a soy vegetarian cooked meal cooked in soybean oil than battery farm chicken

cookiemonster is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    Meats are the one thing I'm most strict on. I would rather eat a soy vegetarian cooked meal cooked in soybean oil than battery farm chicken
    Hey just skip all those soy choices-the middle man- and just go straight to the sex change operation for even quicker results. . . maybe!
    Peace

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast