Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: whats the deal with brown rice syrup? page

  1. #1
    Jamie Madrox's Avatar
    Jamie Madrox is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    631

    whats the deal with brown rice syrup?

    Primal Fuel
    I picked up some new version of the larabar called uber in bananas foster flavor before I looked at the ingredients. Im just curious what the consensus on that is.

  2. #2
    Dirlot's Avatar
    Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Edmonton Canada
    Posts
    2,526
    If is a sweetener, prob better than GMOd high fructose corn syrup but still high GI.

    Brown rice syrup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

  3. #3
    Betorq's Avatar
    Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    GA & CA
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    If is a sweetener, prob better than GMOd high fructose corn syrup but still high GI.

    Brown rice syrup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    It's a slow release sugar, made/marketed originally for macrobiotics, now its gone pretty much mainstream. Better than maple syrup imo & fwiw. Even though it's from a grain(fermented sweet brown rice, fairly benign), I consider this a Primal 'ok' sugar to use on occasion.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown


  4. #4
    Betorq's Avatar
    Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    GA & CA
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Madrox View Post
    I picked up some new version of the larabar called uber in bananas foster flavor before I looked at the ingredients. Im just curious what the consensus on that is.
    LaraBar is the simplest, cleanest commercial bar out in the American marketplace that I know of. Plus it won't cost you a fortune to have it. A safe snack to keep in your glovebox of your car or in your backpack in case you get the munchies out in the world...
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown


  5. #5
    Jamie Madrox's Avatar
    Jamie Madrox is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    631
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    LaraBar is the simplest, cleanest commercial bar out in the American marketplace that I know of. Plus it won't cost you a fortune to have it. A safe snack to keep in your glovebox of your car or in your backpack in case you get the munchies out in the world...
    Yeah I've had them before I just never would have thought to have to look at the ingredients of their bars for stuff like this. Its isn't in any of their other stuff.

  6. #6
    Crabbcakes's Avatar
    Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Appalachian Ohio
    Posts
    2,247
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I haven't had the bananas foster flavor yet, but I do eat Larabars. I also have a jar of brown rice syrup in the fridge, from Lundberg Farms, for the celiac daughter to experiment with as she learns to cook for herself - it has a somewhat buttery-butterscotchy flavor, and this is most likely why they chose to use it in the bananas-foster-flavor Larabar, seeing as how the Larabars are both dairy and gluten free all the time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •