Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coconut water as post-workout drink? page 3

Catrin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by biorbyt View Post
    It Keeps skin and blood vessels flexible and elastic. It contains many vitamins, minerals and electrolytes, including potassium, calcium and chloride. Coconut milk is rich in lauric acid, a medium-chain fatty acid that is abundant in mother’s milk.
    I hadn't realized that it is a good source of potassium and calcium - both things I've problems getting enough of. This might be a great choice after my harder workouts...

wsofteners is offline Junior Member

water filter

coconut water is amazing after workout ! I think that coconut water makes your body fit and it's great to have it

cayla29s is offline Senior Member
    I get a case from costco for 16.49 and it works out to be cheaper than if I were to buy just one in the store. I only drink it when I'm doing HIIT or some kind of running. I like to run on an empty stomach and I find that coconut water just have enough sugar to give me a bit of boost. I suppose drinking a good quality juice would work as well but i just prefer the taste of coconut.

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    I like using it during/after a workout or anytime I'm sweating a lot - electrolyte replacement and hydration.

After a workout I like to either not eat (I might have some homemade club soda with a splash of lemon juice, some ICY cold water, or similar), or feed some protein to my muscles, whether it's a steak, some hard boiled eggs, burgers... you get the picture...

I used to fast for 24 hours, workout, then eat a nice-sized primal dinner (sometimes after a few more hours of fasting, just 'cause I wasn't hungry yet)... that worked nicely for weight loss... what is your post-workout goal?

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    I tried coconut water during a workout, but it upset my stomach. I generally use NUUN tablets if I want an electrolyte during my workout, otherwise I just use plain water.

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I drink coconut water after really intense workouts. Quite frankly I don't really care if it helps me at all - I just like it!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123