Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coconut water as post-workout drink? page 2

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Woops sorry just read you didn't want to eat. But you could also wait until you're hungry
    Billie trips balls

johnmjoy is offline Member
    I had some during/after Kun Tao class on Saturday, and found it (as is) to be too damned sweet. Next time I'll probably try it diluted with an equal volume of water.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for all the feedback, everyone. I may keep the coconut water after a particularly intensive HIIT day (I drink water during breaks in the workout, and water before/after), but other than that, I'll keep going with water.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ciep View Post
    I also vote nay. I like coconut water, and I've found that after a long run it can be incredibly refreshing, especially if you get a "flavored" one like mango or pineapple (which have a little extra sugar due to the mango or pineapple juice that's been added -- but that's no big deal after a workout).

But unfortunately it's expensive, and not worth it in my opinion. Tap water is free, and I like it just fine anyway. Also, Jakey is totally correct, coconut water won't give you any of the really important stuff for recovery (protein, etc). That stuff will come from your food.
    I know NYC gets it's tap water from the #1 cleanest artesian underground aquifer in the USA,but is your tap water approximately/somewhat that good too? The tap water in Atlanta sucks balls, always has, & it's super chlorinated & ought to be since its so nasty to begin with.... I've had water filters on tap & in my showers since the late '80s. Well water some too... Northern Calif has some good water, some not so good as well....
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

ciep is offline Senior Member
    Lol, well, maybe I shouldn't have said tap water. I personally like spring water (there's actually a place 10 miles from where I live where people go and fill jugs from a natural spring) and prefer to drink that, but I drink from my tap as well (which has a nice clean taste to me, but who knows what contaminants I can't detect). All I really meant in my post was that water, even if you get it bottled or need a filter, is going to be cheaper than coconut water.

I do like coconut water though.

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    For post workout... meh, but I drink some every day to help me get towards minimum potassium, even drinking a can a day I still don't come anywhere close to proper potassium levels :/ (even if I have a pound of pork steak and a modest potato)

gt1cm2 is offline Junior Member
    Add a pinch of salt to your water, helps replace some of the lost electrolyte's.

jhc
    jhc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmercer View Post
    For post workout... meh, but I drink some every day to help me get towards minimum potassium, even drinking a can a day I still don't come anywhere close to proper potassium levels :/ (even if I have a pound of pork steak and a modest potato)
    Banana. It is your post work-out reward! It is the sweetener in your protein shake!

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jhc View Post
    Banana. It is your post work-out reward! It is the sweetener in your protein shake!
    Bananas aren't great sources of potassium, coconut water has far more per similar serving size. Besides, I can't chew on baby poop, I immediately start gagging.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

biorbyt is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by julyfer View Post
    No doubt water is the drink that has more benefits to maintain good hydration, since it is the main component of the human body
    It Keeps skin and blood vessels flexible and elastic. It contains many vitamins, minerals and electrolytes, including potassium, calcium and chloride. Coconut milk is rich in lauric acid, a medium-chain fatty acid that is abundant in mother’s milk.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast