Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: For those of you who loved to bake... page 3

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hmm... that banana rum cheesecake sounds like it would be smashing with a bittersweet chocolate ganache over it.
    Like those chocolate covered frozen bananas, but a a bit decadent for a special occasion.
    Putting that one in my "to try" list.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    What I would watch out for is that you don't stay stuck in your old eating habit-mind. At least that's what I did. I always wanted the "paleo muffins" etc but for me it was kind of depressing. Of course I can't speak for you but if I were you I'd rather start loving the making of REAL primal recipes and enjoying the food. I think eventually you'll love it more than baking
    Billie trips balls

Kaylee99 is offline Senior Member
    Good point Gadsie. I'm finding that while I enjoy the act of baking I am not as interested in the end result (the one exception is the Paleo Parent's Frozen Waffles recipe-I could gobble the whole batch if I don't restrict myself).

But, I do try to give away most of the goodies so I'm not tempted.
    See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

lm42 is offline Junior Member
    Modified from a recipe from Elana's Pantry. It's great for guests as they couldn't tell it was from my "special" diet. Saves a whole pile of explanations and tastes yummy. It freezes well if there are leftovers.

Paleo Banana Bread

3 bananas (about 1 ½ cups) mashed
    3 eggs
    1 tablespoon vanilla extract
    1 tablespoon honey
    ¼ cup coconut oil
    2 cups blanched almond flour
    ½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    50g roughly chopped good dark chocolate (i use 90%)

Place bananas, eggs, vanilla, honey and coconut in a food processor
    Pulse ingredients together
    Pulse in almond flour, chocolate, salt and baking soda
    Scoop batter into a greased 7.5" x 3.5" Loaf Pan
    Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes
    Remove from oven and allow to cool

avocadogirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    What I would watch out for is that you don't stay stuck in your old eating habit-mind. At least that's what I did. I always wanted the "paleo muffins" etc but for me it was kind of depressing. Of course I can't speak for you but if I were you I'd rather start loving the making of REAL primal recipes and enjoying the food. I think eventually you'll love it more than baking
    No doubt it's important to eat as primal as possible. I think if it was just me, I'd have no problem giving up baking or even having anything sweet outside of fruit. But I have little kids, a husband that likes grains, frequent dinner or snack time guests, so I want to be sure to have a nice arsenal of recipes that are paleo/primal friendly and easy for me to make. I'm not going to force my eating habits upon others in a militant way, but by having some good alternative recipes it is also an avenue to introducing people who might be resistant to how delicious this lifestyle can be.

My guests last night enjoyed the fruit crumble I made with the alternative flour crust. And today my kids loved the waffles made with mostly eggs and some almond/coconut flour.

As we head into the week, I won't be baking other than roasting chickens or braising meats, but next weekend I'll have more guests for brunch so I want to have an egg dish and something else for them to enjoy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123