Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: An Empire Should Have Its Darth... page 21

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Fascinating stuff here but I knew most of it already. I don't mention anything in emails, PMs, even computer work/docs that I'm not OK to be seen by other eyes/Big Brother.

And regarding Darth, I've read accounts of where he really crossed the line so I no longer feel I need to know exactly what he did to get banned nor do I feel sad about the ban.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    This privacy convo is making my forum tourettes very hard to control

I secretly snort bread flour at night"]

oooopppppppsss
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Quarry is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for responses. That is freaking scary. I confess I have had a little cyberlovin and graphic talk with another member, on a different forum, by PM. Now I am bright red and too scared to go back just thinking tge mods couldda been reading it! moreso if random members gained mod privileges. Oh no!
    I imagine Mark has got better things to do but still ... if anyone was thinking of gettin jiggy with me..

I think the server at work these days actually stores texts on work blackberry too, not just the emails that marry up with work computer. So increased communication by electronic means but it is all trackable and stored. hmm

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Thanks for responses. That is freaking scary. I confess I have had a little cyberlovin and graphic talk with another member, on a different forum, by PM. Now I am bright red and too scared to go back just thinking tge mods couldda been reading it! moreso if random members gained mod privileges. Oh no!
    I imagine Mark has got better things to do but still ... if anyone was thinking of gettin jiggy with me..

I think the server at work these days actually stores texts on work blackberry too, not just the emails that marry up with work computer. So increased communication by electronic means but it is all trackable and stored. hmm
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. You're not the first person to have done it, you won't be the last, and unless you were reeeeeeally creative with what you said, no one is going to care too much. Getting training on AOL back in the day opened my eyes to some of the craaaazy stuff that people do in chat rooms and private messages. But honestly, I've heard worse described on Dan Savage's podcast. It is almost impossible to be a prude about this stuff when you're a mod.

A reasonable forum with trustworthy mods probably won't read your PMs anyway unless they have cause to. I'm sure they have better things to do.

But if you're really worried about it, then stop it. Switch to a very public IM program, because they get so much traffic it's almost impossible to monitor them. And don't feel too bad about it. So long as everyone's consenting and of age, it's no big deal.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    ps. your cell phone is also being monitored. don't believe otherwise. most of the time big brother just doesnt give a flying frak about your last 10 booty calls.
    This made me snicker, not because I don't think pretty much everything can be monitored - I do - but because it reminded me of a conversation with a person in one of the older neighborhoods. We have smart meters here, and he kept a shirt draped over his. Why?

"Because there's a camera inside and they can watch me!"
    "Sir, no offense, I mean, I know you're quite interesting, but the power company really doesn't give a rat's ass about what you do every day."
    "Oh, I know! But the FEDS do!"

Okay. Gotta go.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021