Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: An Empire Should Have Its Darth... page 18

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    yeah, i don't look great in that shade of green.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpycakes View Post
    /thread
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    This thread has turned awesome. The dolphin pic still wins for me though (it's the body language of the third dolphin that puts it over the top).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by magicmerl; 07-31-2012 at 03:46 PM.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

federkeil is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpycakes View Post
    I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

Mark Sisson is offline Administrator
    It has come to my attention that some forum members are unhappy with an admin's choice to ban a particular Senior Member. While I appreciate the enthusiasm, please keep a few things in mind:

1. We are very conservative when it comes to forum moderation. In nearly all cases, when we receive one or more complaints about a forum member we recommend "ignoring" said forum member instead of taking steps to ban the member. (Anyone can ignore the posts of another member by clicking the name of the offending forum member, then clicking "View Profile" and then clicking "Add to Ignore List".)

2. We take banning any forum member very seriously. We rarely do it, and only do it if the member's conduct is a clear and blatant (and usually repeated) abuse of the forum terms and conditions. Please understand that when a call to ban a member is made it is with much deliberation and thoughtful consideration, and after all other avenues have been exhausted.

3. The forum conduct rules state: "While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, purposeless inflammatory posts, or inappropriate language. Our decision is final in these matters." Of course there is some subjectivity here, but such is the nature of moderation. We always err on the side of doing nothing instead of getting involved, but sometimes we must.

4. You may not be aware of the conduct that resulted in a member being banned.

Sorry folks, but we have to do what we can to keep this forum a useful and positive space for newbies and Primal veterans alike.

If you have an issue with a post or thread that you would like to see addressed, feel free to flag it and it will be handled from there.

On a related note, due to the forum growing at such a rapid rate, I am looking to add several volunteer moderators. If you think that you're up for the task and would like to see the MDA forum continue to be a bastion of truth in a sea of flawed CW, shoot an email to forum@marksdailyapple.com with a summary of your qualifications and why you would be a good fit. And feel free to nominate a forum member via email as well, explaining why you think he or she would make a good moderator. Thank you and Grok on!

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by federkeil View Post
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Mark has spoken!

Thank you Mark (or minion) for responding to this thread. While I'm UNhappy that Darth was banned, there's of course nothing that I can do about it. But I do have two questions:

1. Is Darthfriendly permanently banned?
    2. Does a forum member get a warning before they are banned?
    Last edited by Saoirse; 08-01-2012 at 08:04 AM.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    i'll nominate kenn as moderator, and grumpycakes :P
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast