Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you "one of those women who don't like women?" page 5

cmlloyd Guest
    Shop Now
    I have a MIL, 2 SIL, and several nieces. I see them on holidays. I was raised by my dad, and lived with my brother. I don't have a mom. I like getting pretty every once in a while, but I cannot stand whiney bitchy emotional bull shit. Drama is all my Inlaws and other women I come into contact with seem to offer. I guess since I dont cater to the BS they never ask me to go anywhere with them anyway. So it works out for me too.
    So I don't hate them, but I prefer not to be around them.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I find it funny that women find enjoying company of other women negative, while men would not feel it is elevating and somehow good to avoid company of the other men. Do you think that treats that you listed as negative, such as stupidity, cruelty and emotional instability are more common in women than men? Have you never met a man deeply proud of his children and putting his heart and time into raising them and, yes, talking about them just as much as their mother? I have seen negative in both men and women, and throughout history men and women both committed both deeds of valor and heinous crimes. Anyway, I feel it is grossly unfair to prefer one sex over the other or think that you can only form a connection with someone who is just like you in character and temperament. I think it is limiting.

I will shut up now.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    I agree Leida. We have a word for it. Misogynist. Doesn't matter if you're male or female, if you dislike women, you're a misogynist.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    You know, I've said for years that I don't like women, but I'm discovering that I just don't like chicks and "the girls" and wanna-be barbies. I actually like real women I tend to gravitate toward men, though, because they're easier for me to understand. And, until they started wanting to date me (WTF?), they seemed to like me as a friend, too.

Hehe- actually, I think I might have been the only girl taking Krav Maga that was disappointed when more women started showing up. When there are other women presant, it was harder to team up with a guy. And the guys hit harder. Not to mention the fact that when it was all guys, I felt zero reason to dress in anything but shabby gym clothes. Once other girls started showing up, I felt like I looked even shabbier. Never mind that I wanted to smack the ones that didn't take their earrings out for being idiots.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

I'm so jealous you have Krav Maga classes nearby!

Okay, back to disliking women.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    That was in Maryland, but I think we have one around here, too . . .

One that comes to mind was when we were working on push kicks. Being female, I guess I appeared less intimidating to this kinda shy, skinny-fat girl. What she didn't realize was that I'm less inclined to pull my strikes than the guys are. I DID moderate my push-kick to a certain extent and still, *plop* right over on her butt. *le sigh* *stand her back up, show her the proper stance . . . *
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

cmlloyd Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Do you think that treats that you listed as negative, such as stupidity, cruelty and emotional instability are more common in women than men?
    nope. I have met bitchy, whiney, emotional unstable men as well. But that's not what the question was I tend to give the benefit of doubt first then avoid them. Would that be considered rude? Or limiting then? I find it hard in todays society to tell someone you don't like them based on their character rather than just avoiding them in the first place. It's not that I'm not personable, IJDGAS about drama. it makes life easier for me. Hats off to those individuals that can put up with other people just to have company.

Quote Originally Posted by Merry Death View Post
    Wait, don't -all- women dislike women? The ones that seem to bond over makeup and wallpaper and emotional breakdowns are, in my experience, the ones who talk the most shit about each other too.
    nope. my friends and I bond over lots of things, but not makeup or wallpaper. and we don't bitch about each other behind the other's back. every time i've needed help they've been there for me, and i do the same for them.

Quote Originally Posted by cmlloyd View Post
    nope. I have met bitchy, whiney, emotional unstable men as well. But that's not what the question was
    The question was: are you one of those women who dislike women? pretty much by definition, if you dislike women then you're a misogynist. If you dislike some women who act like .... then you just dislike those people who happen to be women. there are certainly women i dislike, but i don't think they define my gender.

cmlloyd Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    there are certainly women i dislike, but i don't think they define my gender.
    exactly

PrimalCon New York
    i think two people cannot live under the same roof without fighting. I've lived with more men than women (there are mostly men/males in my family), and i've fought with them all. people have disagreements when they have to live in close contact with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by cmlloyd View Post
    exactly

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast