Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you "one of those women who don't like women?" page 3

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Some women are stereotypical and some aren't. Some men are stereotypical and some aren't. I tend to like people who don't fit the stereotypical mold. I've lived my whole life, in one way or another, outside of the norm and in doing so have met a lot of others who are the same. I don't like assholes, men or women, but I certainly don't expect a woman to be bitchy and backstabbing just because she's a woman. If she's trying to maintain some kind of facade, maybe, but the same can be said of men. And I'm quite good at applying make-up and can get dolled up if I need to, but I like doing stuff that makes me sweaty and dirty too. I try not to let either one define me and try not to let that define others for me as well.

Jena is offline Senior Member
    I have nothing against women who don't like other women... personally I don't know what I would do without my girls. I know what you mean though. Women can be especially petty and manipulative. I am lucky that I have had a solid group of friends (male and female) since I was quite young. I am an only child so I think I took extra care to maintain friendships through the years. Women are certainly no replacement for male companionship though
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

Merry Death is offline Member
    Wait, don't -all- women dislike women? The ones that seem to bond over makeup and wallpaper and emotional breakdowns are, in my experience, the ones who talk the most shit about each other too.

Emotional stability and an ability to think logically seem to bond most intelligent people outside the majority.

JBailey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    I'm glad you like it. I pride myself on being a female sexist against sexism.
    Like.
    Seven Trees Farm - diversified subsistence farming on 1.25 acres.

BratKat is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't say that I dislike women, but I don't have a lot in common with most women, either: no kids, no makeup, no interest in fashion, sewing, etc. The only reason I am interested in cooking is that I like to eat. I like building stuff and travel and backpacking. And confess to feeling a little contemptuous about women's fears (and men's, too!) of mice and snakes and the dark, etc......

JBailey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I'm not sure what started this topic, but I am one of those women. I really don't have anything in common with women. I've never worn make-up or cared much about fashion. I am not married. I never had children. I don't really care about feminine things. I feel when I talk to other women that I'm as different from them as I am from a man. But I did meet a nice woman recently who is a lot like me. Maybe I have a woman friend now. She lives a long way away from me though.
    I always wear makeup and care about fashion. Most of my friends have been guys. I was married twice to males, and have been with my female partner for nearly 10 years now. Never had much in common with most women, since they don't tend to like building things, working on cars, shooting, etc. like I do.

I guess it takes all kinds to make a world.
    Seven Trees Farm - diversified subsistence farming on 1.25 acres.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I have an amazing group of female friends that I wouldn't trade for anything. There are plenty of catty, backstabbing, manipulative women (and men!) out there, but I always keep them at arms length.

I'm not girly either - mostly because I am too lazy and it takes a ton of time and money to keep up with all that stuff! Some of my friends a little more in to that stuff, but it's never an issue. I don't have kids or a husband either, but I am always interested in hearing about how their families are doing and they never make me feel like I'm a loser for not having a family - so it all works out

I love my guy friends too though. The relationships are different than with females, but still very important too me. The only complicating factor there that as some of my best male friends marry, their wives have issues with them having close female friends. Especially single female friends. I can understand this to some degree, but it does put a damper on the friendship.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    I get along with most women.

But I completely ignore the really shallow ones, so maybe that's why.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Yup.

bootson is offline Senior Member
    Depends on the circumstance; at my current job, I cannot abide having another woman working in the shop. No way, no how. I have to be the only woman. I do have many female friends, but don't totally get along with many.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast