Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Are you "one of those women who don't like women?" page 14

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by brighthorse View Post
    I did walk into a bar in Maxwell, California on a Wednesday afternoon in December. We all shared stories of our duck hunts that morning.

I find the turn that this thread took to be interesting. I think it is all because of a person's comment on California Yuppies. I don't care about California Yuppies. I am not one. I am not a native Californian. I was raised in Texas. I live here because of my work. I would love to leave here for no other reason then I hate the brown dry summers. The people in my area are like people anywhere. They just want to work and take care of their families, maybe prosper, maybe vacation a little and have piece of mind.

I do find one more thing interesting. I suspect that Mark Sisson is a California Yuppie. How ironic?
    Not all Californians are "California yuppies". I lived in SoCal for 35 years. Hell, I even grew up in Orange County, where "California Yuppies" go to make money and die, and I'm not anything close to one.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

brighthorse is offline Senior Member
    I have been to both San Francisco and SoCal. In San Francisco, they love me because I am gay. They hate me because I hunt. Isn't that grand? Diversity is great as long as we all think the same! LOL!

I would rather eat glass then go to So Cal. Good God! All those people! I was stuck in traffic there. The sign at the side of the road said Speed Limit 70......I am thinking "yeah....if my truck were on a treadmill." LOL! Nope...I won't be going back there any time soon.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brighthorse View Post
    I would rather eat glass then go to So Cal. Good God! All those people! I was stuck in traffic there. The sign at the side of the road said Speed Limit 70......I am thinking "yeah....if my truck were on a treadmill." LOL! Nope...I won't be going back there any time soon.
    I have the same sentiments of Socal. I moved to Norcal, have been living here a year, and would never go back down. Traffic is one thing, and the other is the air quality. I like to see my sunsets at a natural yellow hue, not pink, please!

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    is pink indicative of poor air quality? our sunsets usually have a bit of pink and purple, and i wouldn't think we'd have air quality issues here.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    is pink indicative of poor air quality? our sunsets usually have a bit of pink and purple, and i wouldn't think we'd have air quality issues here.
    If you haven't seen the smog it's hard to realize the difference... but it's very real.

I mean I can sit on the Gulf Coast and watch sunsets over the water... lots of beautiful colors including brilliant pinks and purples, but a 'clear' sky between you and the clouds.

But the pink she is referring to is a grey/pink haze that hangs over the whole area, and you have to look through it to see the sunset, or anything else.
    My experience was with LA... it was weird.
    The air literally looked dirty.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    My experience was with LA... it was weird.
    The air literally looked dirty.
    because it is.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    eww...ok. very different from what we have here.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    eww...ok. very different from what we have here.
    Yep...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Pretty much everywhere in the US has air quality issues (as in, a haze of pollution when you look off into the distance).

But the pink colour in the sky is just the atmosphere filtering out the non-red colours from the sun at dawn and dusk (when the light travels through more of the atmosphere than at midday). I'm mildly surprised you didn't know that given that you are the resident dawn expert on the forums here.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

patski is offline Senior Member
    I just came back from honeymoon in LA.

Wifey and I freaking loved it. Weather was perfect, not humid in the least. People were super friendly. Food was fantastic.

If you guys think the air is dirty in LA, you should have a lookie at downtown Toronto. I'll take LA any day.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast