Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you "one of those women who don't like women?" page 10

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen AlcesAlces View Post
    I'm in Lander WY - kind of central WY, near the Wind River Range. People here, especially the women, are soooo different from other places I've lived. THey are quite independent, fun and active without the cattiness I've seen elsewhere.
    ah, so around 6 hours away. i think western women are a bit different than most elsewhere, though i'm not sure why.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    i also really, really like sex, which is weird for most women. or so i hear!!
    I'm pretty sure that most people really really like sex. There may be some with previous bad experiences, but that's not a guarantee of future disappointment.

And was I the only person reading the thread title who misinterpreted it to mean "are you one of those women who is completely straight"?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Quote Originally Posted by Indiscreet View Post
    I'm with you there - I hate talking on the phone. If my phone rings I dread picking it up in case it's bad news (quite likely now, actually, as my mum's on the exit ramp).
    sorry to hear about your mom.

magicmerl- amazingly, no i didn't catch that.

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    they have more special requests and tip less than men.
    Not to derail the thread, but I'm pretty sure everyone on this board can sympathize with/understand having special requests when ordering food at restaurants.
    Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    ah, so around 6 hours away. i think western women are a bit different than most elsewhere, though i'm not sure why.
    Mom really encouraged me to move West because "Every woman I've met from out there I think you'd get along with." I think, though, that I need to move further out in the country or something. I'm living near too many women that aren't really local to the area
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    the women are maddeningly indecisive and all have to talk about how "not" hungry they are.
    Eating with a group of women is from hell.

Men just eat. I cook, men eat. Men enjoy. If men like deviled eggs, they eat a dozen and tell me how good they are. If women like the food, it's an hour long apology for eating. "Oh god, I just should not have this XXX."

I think women just care too much what other people think. Truly, if you order a steak and enjoy it and say "yum".... I'm not judging you to be a fat tub of lard. It's actually less annoying if you don't justify food choices. Just eat the damn food.

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Eating with a group of women is from hell.

Men just eat. I cook, men eat. Men enjoy. If men like deviled eggs, they eat a dozen and tell me how good they are. If women like the food, it's an hour long apology for eating. "Oh god, I just should not have this XXX."

I think women just care too much what other people think. Truly, if you order a steak and enjoy it and say "yum".... I'm not judging you to be a fat tub of lard. It's actually less annoying if you don't justify food choices. Just eat the damn food.
    huh, when my friends and i go out to eat, other than "what's primal" the only other food talk is "oh that looks fabulous!" we all love to eat and make no apologies for it.

Ingvildr is offline Senior Member
    Count me in. I'm married with three kids but I'm not exactly a girly girl. I hate working in a workplace where most of my coworkers are female. I hate the drama and don't give a rat's backside who did what to whom and who is dating who. I'm more into camping and hiking and my hobbies. I almost never wear makeup or dress up except for the historical re-enactment I do. While I do needlework and weaving, I also do bone carving and wood work and metal work. It doesn't help much that my voice is in the contralto range and get mistaken for a guy by my speaking voice. I belch with the best of them-partly because if I don't I will have a stomachache. That has dramatically improved with my not eating non-cultured dairy(lactose intolerant). I do have a very girly hourglass figure-at least when I still had something resembling a figure. I dress neat and clean but prepared to work hard for the most part. On the other hand most sports bore me to tears. I enjoy sports where I can participate such as archery and other mostly solo sports. Mostly I'm an independent sort that does what I enjoy and don't really worry or care what anyone else thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Artichoke View Post
    I don't have anything in common with most women, no kids (stepdaughter lives in USA), I am interested in DIY and interior decoration but most women I've met aren't concerned with more than a huge telly and an expensive looking kitchen. I love to cook whereas many women are just shovelling junk food in their brats.

I get along so easily with blokes - I can talk Formula One, tennis and football (soccer), gardening, action adventure movies, politics, baseball, fishing..
    i don't know if you were just describing what you like to do, or describing what you like to do which is not considered feminine, but AFAIK in the US the parts i bolded are considered feminine. I just thought it was interesting from a cultural POV.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    huh, when my friends and i go out to eat, other than "what's primal" the only other food talk is "oh that looks fabulous!" we all love to eat and make no apologies for it.
    So jealous. My office is the worst. All women. It's like a contest for who can feel guiltiest for what is being eaten. You'd think we had hired male prostitutes on "birthday cake" day.

Some of my girlfriends are cool, but some are from hell. AND I LOVE MY SISTER IN LAW! She enjoys eating whatever crosses her plate.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast