Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: knee issues while heavy lifting any advice page 2

Iron Will is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I agree with stumprrp mind you if you're squating 5 days a week that's pretty intense. As for your posture here are a couple suggestions. Angle your toes out slightly to allow for better travel and pelvic/femur connection then focus on putting your weight back in to your heels. That should help with shearing forces. For an exercise that will help with knee strength you could try seated leg extensions with your toes actively pointed. This foot position activates the vastus medialis more which inturn strengthens and stablizes the knee.

jlmoss is offline Junior Member
    Yep, cut the weight back 30 - 20% or more if you started squatting way too heavy and work on form as you go up slowly.

Use videos, post them on message boards, get feedback. If you have the money, setup a schedule with a trainer to come watch your form and critique you. Make sure he/she is a decent trainer though... which if you are a globo gym, they are rather difficult to find.

gdonnellyjr is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    just an update. Thanks for all the advice. I dont lift 5 days a week i do various workouts i hit the gym but twice a week. I have been following al kavadlos body weight training and have been seeing better results. I'm back to almost no knee pain. The knee is a prior injury in the army. As for weights i have given them up and i strictly do body weight workouts. lots of bar work, push ups and balanced one legged L squats oh ya tons of ab work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12