Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pre-teens, partial primal page 2

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Why would you want to restrict your growing child from eating potatoes or rice, that's kind of crazy? And if she wants to eat bread, milk and oatmeal with a bit of sugar there's probably more harm done in scaring her away from those types of foods. The only things I would really be restricting is stuff like soda, fries, donuts, etc.
    Last edited by Forgotmylastusername; 07-30-2012 at 08:43 PM.

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    I think that kids get much more of a free pass than adults. As long as you are eating unprocessed (i.e. not junk) food I would pretty much give her free reign. The whole point is to help her grow into making healthy choices for herself, right?

We occasionally let out eldest girl overeat on sweets, and the punchline is that she is getting pretty good about making the link between what her body doesn't like (despite the mouthfeel).
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12