Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal 30(+1) Challenge for August! page 8

Sooze is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Yikes! Just tried to catch up and realized 2 pages in I was reading pages 6 & 7 of the Whole30 thread, not "ours"

Days 1 and 2 were ok for me. Stomach bug, urge to comfort eat. What?! why does that happen? I restricted it to 2 smaller size bars of dark chocolate, so yay me.. and that was one per day, by the way. AND, yesterday was my birthday, so that dark choc bar was my only birthday treat - we went to Outback Steakhouse last night for dinner, where I consumed mass quantities of steak and vegetables..delish.

Sadly, no exercise the first 2 days of August, as I was fighting off that virus, but today is lots of slow moving = house cleaning day.

Does anyone run while being primal?? I miss running I know it is not very primal, and really not even friendly to my fatigue levels...but dang it, I miss it. Miss seeing my running friends.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooze View Post
    Does anyone run while being primal?? I miss running I know it is not very primal, and really not even friendly to my fatigue levels...but dang it, I miss it. Miss seeing my running friends.
    No, but I recently started walking five miles every day. Maybe scale down the running to walking briskly?

Quote Originally Posted by cavebabymama View Post
    Jackie, my MIL's cat was very yowly at night time in his latter years, drove her up the wall. Love on your fur baby for me!
    Thanks, cavebabymama. The Officekitty got me up at FOUR AM today. I was able to stall her (read: I was too damn exhausted to get out of bed) until 5:40. Then I got up, fed her, splashed water on my face, and went for my five-mile walk. She's sitting behind me right now on my office chair, purring. I love my girl, but damn, this is getting very hard. To say nothing of how her incontinence is destroying the wood floor in my office. Sigh. The things we put up with out of love...

So far, so good! I didn't die today at CrossFit, which is always a bonus. When I came back, I inhaled leftovers (grilled chicken breast - ghee, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder only; about 2 oz grass-fed sirloin - ditto the spices, no ghee; about 1/2 cup steamed asparagus w/ghee and a little salt) and a medium sweet potato. Nom. And water. Holy cats, my hands HURT. Effin' pull ups. Effin' farmer carries. Effin' rope climb! FEH. (Don't mind me. I really need to shower.)

Anyway, the only place that I'm really sucking at so far is sleep. And sadly, I don't see that changing. But everything else is awesome. I'm going to wear my Grok On tank to CF on Monday.

Paleomom4 is offline Junior Member
    Well, breakfast was not so great. I ate a pancake with peanut butter and some maple syrup. Lunch was salad with chicken, veggies, avocado, egg. Dinner was primal spaghetti, or "meat wad" as my kids call it. Lifted at the gym this morning. Walked dogs for an hour.

Stomach didnt get upset after my morning debacle like I thought it would. Tomorrow I'm doing a three hour bike ride so I'm sure the extra carbs will be put to use.

Paleomom4 is offline Junior Member
    I wanted to ask. What do y'all do when you are hungry for breakfast but just can't stomach the thought of eggs? I used to really love carbs for breakfast and I'd have to say it has become my least favorite meal of the day. Non egg ideas?

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Checking in quickly... I'm a day behind so day 1&2 for me for FEMS are:

- Food. *Whole 30. - bad, had coffee, not enough protein and too much fruit - and less than 1,200 calories each day... Will work on this

- Exercise. *Mark's PB Fitness ! - moved lots of heavy boxes of books Wed, so there's my heavy lifting. Moved slowly but haven't done his LHT yet

- Mind. *Meditate 10 minutes a day. *Write 1 hr a day. - no writing but started meditating...

- SLEEP. *Goal 7-8 hrs per night. In bed by 10 pm lights out before 11 pm. - made it... 7 hrs each night. Yay.

Sooze is offline Member
    Paleomom, sometimes I just grab an avocado from the fridge and eat half.. I like it with sliced kiwi for breakfast. Or berries. Sometimes (if I'm doing dairy) I just have a slice of cheese for breakfast. This morning I waited until 10am and then had lunch early - buffalo chicken salad

Quote Originally Posted by Paleomom4 View Post
    I wanted to ask. What do y'all do when you are hungry for breakfast but just can't stomach the thought of eggs? I used to really love carbs for breakfast and I'd have to say it has become my least favorite meal of the day. Non egg ideas?

cavebabymama is offline Senior Member
    Paleomom, if I get desperate, I might try this:
    http://www.katiekdid.com/2012/07/30/...flour-oatmeal/

If you're doing dairy, some Greek yogart with nuts and berries might be a nice change. Or just a bowl of cherries by themselves. Or apple and almond butter. Or IF to lunch. I'm considering the lean gains approach once my appetite normalizes:
    How to Implement Fasting | Mark's Daily Apple

Sooze- I see no reason to not run sometimes if you really love it, just not in the place if slow movement, LHT and sprints.

Hows everyone feeling today? I'm a little tired from the increased activity, but "feeling" cleaner and leaner already, woo hoo!

reallygravity is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Sorry for the late check in, but have been on it since Aug 1st. Food so far, all ok. Sleep, not so good (trying to meet a deadline). Exercise, ok (I am not at home right now, so the only exercise for now is walking).

I will be more chatty once I have more brain-cells to distribute equally between all my life happenings.

PS: Love reading everyone's updates. Gives me hope that I will not fall through the cracks...or walk into a pizza.

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast