Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal 30(+1) Challenge for August! page 7

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I am feeling pretty good. Coconut oil is having a calming effect on both hunger and fruit cravings. I started to turn away from the trough as well, and feeling true fullness. Hope to continue in the same vein.

B: 1-2 tbsp peanut butter with coffee, 2 bites of bacon and raw beef while prepping breakfast for hubby and marinating meat for supper.
    L: 1 egg + egg whites + ~ 60 g all nat ham with fresh cabbage, 1/4 avocado and a few slice of cuc. 5 Brazil nuts and a couple of small mac nuts.
    About 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil throughout the day
    S: 1-2 tbsp peanut butter, ~ 0.5 to 1 oz organic cheese while cooking, stir-fried top round (very lean), marinated in avocado oil+vinegar, grilled eggplant sticks. A smoothie with rhubarb, some cranberries and a slice of lemon and 2 scoops whey isolate.

Training: Recovery Day (walking)
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    This week has been terrific so far.

Food: Whole30 so far. Rah!

Exercise: I do CrossFit on M, W and F, and I've been walking every morning - 2.5 miles on M, and 5 miles on T, W and today. Rah!!!

Play: I do tae kwon do on T, Th and Sat. I'm testing for my advanced brown belt next Thursday. Will be doing a running jump off of a chair to break a board with a high kick. God willing, I won't die in the process.

Sleep: This part's lousy, mostly due to my 19-year-old cat. But hey, I love her, so I'm dealing with it.

cavebabymama is offline Senior Member
    You guys, is this whole30 or "sex with your pants on"?
    http://www.katiekdid.com/2012/07/30/...flour-oatmeal/

I would love a belly full of coconut flour right now...

Paleobird Guest
    Day 2 check in:
    Plenty of sleep, sun, and play. Hit all the macro and calorie targets.
    On the exercise front, I did my LHT workout today. My legs were "reminding" me about the sprints I did yesterday and I now have jello arms.

p.s. down a half a pound since yesterday.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 08-02-2012 at 10:54 PM.

Paleomom4 is offline Junior Member
    Wanted to check in for yesterday. Breakfast bacon and eggs and espresso with coconut milk Same with lunch. Dinner was a large plate of broccoli with a palm size portion of grilled salmon. I snacked on a few pistachios. Darn that snacking. It's so hard to stop the habit.

I'm having a lot of hormonal problems and my cycle is really off. My gyno told me a few years ago that I might have to have a hysterectomy. I have been trying to heal myself naturally. I was really hoping paleo would help but so far things are getting worse. I have only been paleo for about four months so I'm going to try a few more months. I'm 40 so I wish I would just go into early menopause since we are done having kids. I read on the groketts thread how a lot of women have had I proved periods with this lifestyle. I'm still hoping.

On a positive note: at one point during dinner last night I realized my kids (I have four) were eating their salmon with their fingers and they had fish fat on their cheeks and everyone was really lovong their food. I was in total mommy bliss seeing my kids enjoying their food primally

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday: I had an epiphany that I felt really bloated since I started using whey powder, so avoided it last night. Seems to be a bit better this morning. I guess, I found out that whey with art sweeteners is no good for me after all. Oh, well. Good thing there is not much left.

The good news, that I have reached the satiated state and my appetite is pretty low. I ate a bit too much in the evening, the emotional thing (yeah, I know, tired and cranky + irritated with the husband who is staying home right now but will not do things while I am at work taking away my tiny entertainment/relaxation time... I should be better than that!)

Finally made jerky for our trip, it tasted great this morning!

B: PB, 2 eggs, a small serving of quark and G. yogurt
    L: smoked cod, greens, cucs and radishes
    S: coconut oil throughout the day as needed + a few Brazil & mac nuts
    D: ground beef with 2 eggs; cheese, quark and G. yogurt and PB with blueberries

Training: Lifting (OHP + support), walking (~ 60 min)
    Last edited by Leida; 08-03-2012 at 06:34 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Spotted Pony is offline Junior Member
    Day two went well.

1395 calories, 99 g fat, 60 g carb, 68 g protein.

Protein was lower than I wanted. We made elk steak on the grill and I didn't like it AT ALL. Couldn't even pretend to eat it, so I just had home made tomato basil soup with cream and an ear of sweet corn. I know corn's not Primal, but one ear's not gonna kill me.

Today is my 16th wedding anniversary and I am down to 125 lbs! The kids went to grandmas and we are having dinner at a steak house about an hour away. I've never been there, but I'm excited to go. I'm planning on ordering the biggest filet they have and a roasted sweet potato. I hope they have the sweet potato, as I have been craving one! We'll probably split a dessert too, since it's a special occasion!

sipps00 is offline Junior Member

Day 3 - Cellulite and water

Day 3- Cellulite on my thighs looks like it has reduced - far from wearing a short skirt BUT YAY!!! Not a function of 3 day primal. I have been 80/20 primal for 5 months.

Looking forward to a relaxed Friday work day.
    1. Will drink 8-10 glasses of water at the hour. Have to make sure that my creatinine levels dont go up( not good for kidneys)
    2. Havnet has wine for dinner last 2 days-I usually have a small pour every evening ( have an Italian husband) Roped him in to the point where he doesnt roll his eyes at my food choices anymore.
    3.work out everyday- today will be a strenght training session.

Best!!!

cavebabymama is offline Senior Member
    Jackie, my MIL's cat was very yowly at night time in his latter years, drove her up the wall. Love on your fur baby for me!

Paleobird- hurray for the weight loss! I haven't weighed myself yet but I must've been very bloated cuz I feel a lot thinner.

Happy anniversary spotted pony! We went out to celebrate a deal that has been many months in the making finally going through... Had sashimi, stayed strong and didn't have sake or any sweets. Although all day yesterday I had SUCH a craving for sweets.

Gearing my mind up for sprints today... Grok on y'all!

jaye is offline Senior Member
    Checking in. So far, so good.

Rockin' the daily meditation.

Sprints on the beach last night in the full moonlight. Super Fun!!

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast