Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal 30(+1) Challenge for August! page 6

sipps00 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Day minus 1- Ate a pizza so that can cover as my big cheatmeal! I havnet had a pizza in 5 months - it was not great anyway and pushed me even more towards the 30 day challenge
    Day1-
    Skipped breakfast( hopefully I am fat adapted because I wasn't feeling hungry- yay)
    HOw is everyone doing?Dont given to cravings - drink tons of water!! Going totally primal can increase creatinine levels. I am managing mine as we speak. My doctor told me to drink 8 glasses so it can flush the kidneys of protein breakdown products!

To Health and Energy and weight loss!
    Last edited by sipps00; 08-01-2012 at 10:43 AM.

Spotted Pony is offline Junior Member
    Here's a strange thing:

I decided to order pizza last night. We don't do this often, but it just sounded so good! I ate two pieces and more than several breadsticks. I went to bed feeling fat and yucky.

I woke up this morning and jumped on the scale to get my starting weight... down 2 pounds. How can that be? I would think the pizza bloat would be in full force! Apparently, overindulging in pizza causes immediate weight loss.

I went to the grocery store this morning while I was really hungry. I stuck to my list and didn't buy any junk. Felt pretty good about that. The M&Ms were calling to me but I ignored them.

I'm on track today. I ate some yogurt without realizing how many carbs it contained so I will have to be careful for the rest of the day. I'm planning on steak and salad for supper tonight so I should be just fine.

How's everyone else doing today? Day 1 should be pretty easy. The novelty hasn't worn off yet!

missblue is offline Senior Member
    Check in Report:

Day 1 biggest success for me was having coffee without heavy cream--did a dollop of coconut oil and a dash of almond milk / coconut milk unsweetened. Actually OK tasting.

Ate lots of meat, including sardines in olive oil (with plenty of hot sauce) for breakfast. Those things are awesome for keeping you from getting hunger pangs. I love veggies so will hit them again heavily tomorrow--wanted to feel "not hungry" today so fat and protein are my go to items for that.

Almost 6 and through the day. A light headache but hanging in there. Hope everyone else is doing well!

cavebabymama is offline Senior Member
    OMG spotted pony, I guess your pizza was a freebie then! The last time I had pizza it literally sat in my stomach like a rock all night and I couldn't sleep! But the bloat was full force and the pizza kicked off a week long carb binge that prompted this challenge. I cleaned up my act on Monday and was so freaking hungry those first two days but now I think it's normalizing.

How are we doing with PBF? Most of my slow stead movement comes from daily walks to the grocery store. Just got back from doing the 4 EMs and I'm always amazed at how such a simple workout can kick my butt. Looking forward to paleo meatballs and cauliflower rice tonight!

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Day 1 check-in:

Food: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post918508 On point

Exercise: 90 minutes of walking ... will try to do some strength training tonight on my work break

Sleep: Crappy. Worked an overnight shift until 7am, walked home, picked up my car from the garage. By the time I fell asleep it was about 9:30am. Woke up naturally at 12:30pm and was starving. I made some food, ate and went back to sleep for another hour and a half. So total sleep: About 4.5 hours.

Play: 20 minute walk with my dog

missblue is offline Senior Member
    I just noticed several folks opted for pizza for official pre-Whole30 "cheat meal".
    Me too--actually a couple in the last few days. Unlike Spotted Pony, I gained 5 pounds.
    Hopefully mostly bloat and water, but boy do I still love my husband's made-from-scratch fresh dough homemade sausage herb and fennel with roasted tomatos and carmalized sweet onions from the garden Italian extravaganza.

(she exits stage left, carrying another can of sardines to put on the kitchen counter for tomorrow morning--lights slowly dim)
    Last edited by missblue; 08-01-2012 at 07:03 PM.

Paleobird Guest
    Day 1 check in:
    eating: clean and hit calorie and macro targets
    exercise : ran sprints 10x 75yards uphill on about a 25% incline (my street) run up. walk down.
    random 4x25 set of air squats while talking on the phone to a well meaning by long winded friend.
    sun: midday SoCal vitamin D treatment on the upper beach (my balcony) plus sprints outside.
    sleep: t'would be better if my neighbor weren't building a deck. I awake to the dulcet tones of a circular saw. Still got 8 hours.
    play : well, my dog "helped" me with my sprints today. He couldn't figure out what I was chasing but he was up for the hunt.

All in all, a good day.

Paleomom4 is offline Junior Member
    I had a good day today, too. Breakfast was coffee and three eggs. Lunch big salad with chicken and veggies and guacamole. Dinner was a banana and nut butter. Not a typical eating day for me. Cleaned the house a lot today and went for a one hour bike ride with hubby. Fifteen miles.

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    play : well, my dog "helped" me with my sprints today. He couldn't figure out what I was chasing but he was up for the hunt.
    Oh dogs. You gotta love 'em! Always up for fun even if they don't know why they're doing what they're doing.

Spooky_Rach is offline Member
    Day one (a bit late I know )

On the food front: pretty good - BAS with vension burgers for lunch, primal chilli + green beans + sweet potato + kerrygold butter for dinner.

Exercise: One gym session of Strong Lifts, so 1x LHT for the week done

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast