Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal 30(+1) Challenge for August! page 5

SAdams is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Looks like a few of us will be fighting the sugar demons. Throught support from people in the same situation I believe we can slay them!!!!

Paleomom4 is offline Junior Member
    Ate my last handful of dark chocolate macadamia nuts last night. Ready for one month chocolate/sugar free. Also planning on focusing more on lifting heavy and sprinting once or twice a week as opposed to my hard core boot camp class. Started the day with espresso and coconut milk. Not hungry for any food yet. Have a great day everyone!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Had berries while picking them in the yard yesterday, so made a berry smoothie too. But also picked and froze some rhubarb, so smoothie tonight is going be fruit-free. I think have so many carbs in my system, that I won't need to worry about any additional carbs on the lifting days. I am going to stick to as low carb as I can, and hopefully with diminishing appetite, the snow-balling weight gain will stop, if not reverse. Then I'll see about cutting the calories down to try to go to the less gargantuan weight (126.6 lbs this morning, eww).

The schedule for this week will be rest day today, lifting on Thursday and Friday (OHP and DL day with support), travelling all day Saturday, then if I am up to it, a light run or bike at mom's place on Sunday before catching the ferry, then we are staying for 2 nights in Seattle, in an hotel that my husband picked for me(!) as he told me at 2 am this morning (lol) - it has 2 levels of a pool and a gym, so Monday and Tuesday I will be lifting and swimming there + doing touristy things in Seattle, then we 'll hopefully hike on Wed on the way from Spokane home to Calgary, then it is my normal routine (lifting on Th, Sat and Sun). Hopefully, by Friday my body should re-adapt to lifting, so I can put in a sprint.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    I am IN IN IN.

I need to reboot, so I'm joining and making my goals public for accountability. Here is the basic outline, but I've fleshed it out in a spreadsheet (I like checking things off and crossing things out, so satisfying!)

GOALS FOR AUGUST - "FEMS"

- Food. *Whole 30.
    - Exercise. *Mark's PB Fitness !
    - Mind. *Meditate 10 minutes a day. *Write 1 hr a day.
    - SLEEP. *Goal 7-8 hrs per night. In bed by 10 pm lights out before 11 pm.

First time seriously doing most of the above. Today it begins!
    Last edited by KerryK; 08-01-2012 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Spelling

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I love the spreadsheet idea! Going to steal it.

missblue is offline Senior Member
    Food
    Exercise
    Mind
    Bodywork (massage / yoga)
    Other goals I haven't given myself time to pursue--new hobby or skill
    Time to do nothing--unstructured

groovy baby

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by missblue View Post
    Food
    Exercise
    Mind
    Bodywork (massage / yoga)
    Other goals I haven't given myself time to pursue--new hobby or skill
    Time to do nothing--unstructured

groovy baby
    Hah! That's great!

cavebabymama is offline Senior Member
    I love FEMBOT!!

How is everyone doing on their first day? I thought it might be a good idea if we post any of the measurements we are taking for this challenge, to see how we improve at the end. For me I am going to weigh myself and test my max pushups, pullups, squats and plank. I'll update later...

Grok on y'all!

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I'm right on track, haven't had any problems since I went cold turkey on grains and sugar.. So wonderful to be free of cravings.

Main thing I learned from Mark's book and this forum was to eat enough at meals to hold me over without snacks. I don't think I've ever lived without snacking in between meals, and I really like the empty feeling I get when it's time to eat instead of hunger pains, kinda turns me on

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I will just keep weighing myself daily, and maybe add 2 nd time a day, before bed. It used to help me to shut the eating down for the night after supper.

I also decided to stop taking cold showers. I find myself lingering in bed for the fear of cold water. I just can't take this right now. Just have to concentrate on eating less & restoring my capacity to skip meals, because 3 meals a day is too much for someone like me.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast