Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Primal 30(+1) Challenge for August! page 22

Spooky_Rach is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Day 24 and 25

Food: been good, bulletproof coffee for breakfast both days, BAS + rotisserie chicken for lunch yesterday, 100g cashew nuts today, 3 egg omelette with mushrooms, tomatoes + cheese for dinner last night and tonight it was paleo pizza crust (can't remember where I got the recipe) with grated cheese, parma ham and anchovies. I had 6 squares of Green & Blacks dark chocolate with mint too.

Exercise: LHT last night and was too lazy/tired today to do anything. Figure the rest might be good for me.

Paleobird Guest
    I went on a long hike today and climbed a tree just for fun. I think I got my weekly moving at a slow pace in all in one day.

Dinner tonight is sashimi and seaweed salad.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Went on a road trip. 4.5 hours in the car yesterday; ditto today.

Stayed paleo, thanks to lots of nuts and a bunch of fruit. Planning ahead for road trips? Essential.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Had really good weekend. The strength keep coming back, so I can finally move off the Week 1 and go onto the Week 2 of the schedule. Oh, and I weaseled my way out of cardio by the way of working on my new bed and gravel pad in the yard. And here I thought that this would be one summer I won't be stripping any grass. But, mom's bringing July-bearing raspberries, and a gravel pad around the composter is long overdue. Tired of the Mutant Grass growing on all that warmth and compost! Picked a goji berry shrub as well to plant in the gravel bed to diversify my berry crops even more

The only bummer was that carpal tunnel activated again, so I had to skip snatches on Sunday (pouts). Did vanity bicep curls instead, blah as an exercise, but love the reflection in the mirror with delts popping up prettily (dunno, if it is some special gym mirror). Count it as a consolation prize.

Control weigh-in on Sat was at 124.4 lbs, so 2.5 lbs to get to the normal human range, but the belly is flattening earlier this time, so I am happy. Will take inches this coming weekend, to see if I am delusional or not.

I decided to carb up on fruit. Yeah, I know it is not ideal, and perfect, and blah-blah-blah, but it makes for a wonderful Saturday. Had a couple of leftover candies as well. Sunday was absolutely wonderful, but for having some berries. Feeling like a champ!

Keeping fingers crossed that blood test results come back with no issues. Reading Eating Mindfully, Second Edition, and sent a request for a consultation about the body image issues, but I dunno. I just can't see myself browbeaten into the whole accepting the body as is, when I see that people can augment their bodies by building muscle and leaning out.
    Last edited by Leida; 08-27-2012 at 06:23 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Paleobird Guest
    Today I am donating blood so this is an all calories come free day. Plus trying to push as much hydration as possible. That makes it easier for them to find a vein.

Day 26 + 27 went pretty well, there was a whole bag of pecans and a white chocolate coated coconut bar invovled on day 27 I blame totm, which have returned (they stopped for a year and half due to having the implant) but the rest was good. Went with LHT on Sunday, but was a complete lazy ass yesterday - I had an afternoon nap and went to sleep early at 10:30pm. Was worth it though because I was awake this morning at 7am, beating my 7:15 alarm .
    Last edited by Spooky_Rach; 08-28-2012 at 04:10 AM.

Paleobird, i am no stranger to the vein experience (with one harrowing blood test that took 4 tries on both arms), and I now always lift before-hand. But yes, hydrating was an advice I was given as well. Hope you feel well now. I need to put donating blood on my list of "Any Day of the Year" Resolutions.

I had a weird desire to cross-stitch yesterday. Was planning to dig in the yard, but by afternoon the weather went viral to +30's degrees C, so I just walked yesterday & recovered.

Relatively painless transition from Sat/Sun eating into Monday, but may have had too many littl' dishes of chilled coconut milk and in the end did have about 1/2 cup frozen blueberries (and enjoyed each one of them to the high skies). But was trying to keep fat intake as high as possible to change from carb-up mode to the low carbs mode.

Pretty wired for starting Week 2 Wendler's today with squats. But gotta attach myself to the elliptical afterwards for 20 min since I opted out of digging yesterday, and it is still hot, so I do not expect I would dig tonight either. Can't wait to get to the human weight so I could stop having to sneak in the dedicated cardio.

Day 28 check-in

Fodd: got back to being well behaved with food, but I still managed to eat rather a (scarily) large number of calories.

Exercise: LHT and I had a good time in the gym because I managed to increase the weights on everything (squats, bench press and barbell rows). Wonder if the sh1t ton of food I ate over the holiday weekend helped.

Firs session on week 2 went really well yesterday, though i only got clued in how much the SQT took out of me on my lunges. Whoa! Had to drop weight from 35 to 30# on my Kettlebell lunging super-set, and chickened out of 5 reps on the last 2 sets of the Russian twists (Shme, shame, shame!) But on the plus side, since for once nobody was harassing the Smith machine, I put in some inverse rows, have not done them in ages, just felt like doing 'em. Heh. Oh, and despite being winded I still attached myself to the elliptical and did the fat burning bit.

Now, all I need is NO RAIN so I could sprint at lunch. I don't have any gym rags with me today so my only alternative is to do cardio boxing at home.

Food = good, but still had my 1/2 cup of blueberries. This morning, carried the little dish I use for blueberries downstairs, dropped it, and it shuttered into tiny pieces. Is that a message?

If it was didn't quite get it, because my wandering hand picked an apple from the fall-offs on some lawn as I was walking to the bus. It smelled divine. Barely had resilience to toss it in the garbage can before getting on the bus. Still salivating over that green crispy smell,and almost regretting tossing it away.
    Last edited by Leida; 08-29-2012 at 06:04 AM.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122