Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Primal 30(+1) Challenge for August! page 21

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hope you will feel better once the processed carbs clear out of your system.

I had a minor mindless eating episode picking at the frozen cheese. Bad cheese too. I was able to think about it, identified that I was trying to unwind that way, but alas, still have an extra pound this morning. Which was disappointing because I hoped to be down or unchanged for loss or maintenance this Saturday. However, it was a recovery day, I only walked for an hour and roller bladed, and dug a bit in the garden, and now I have two days of no nonsense exercise coming, so maybe I will be able to avoid another gain. That kind of stuff always makes me want to over-exercise, but I am keeping tabs on my eagerness. Because, who knows, the body works in weird ways.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Spooky_Rach is offline Member
    Day 22 check in.

Food: Another day back on track. I had a marzipan bar covered in dark chocolate and some green & blacks (the maya gold flavour).

Exercise: an hour's walk

cavebabymama is offline Senior Member
    Just checking in to see how everyone else is doing.

Jackie that "lasagna" sounds AMAZING, I must try it! Hmm maybe carb refeeding is why I'm losing now too. I've be consciously keeping my carbs above 100g and not only do I feel so. much. better., I'm losing weight again. Yay!

Leida, I am totally wanting to over exercise right now too!

Rach, aren't those maya gold chocolates so yummy??

The last 10+ days were rough, Baby Grok was quite sick, then Mr Grok caught it, then I fell ill too. Today is the first day that I feel strong enough to exercise again, so I will get a walk in. My diet has been great, I look slimmer so I'll have to weigh in tomorrow. Can't wait to start LHT again.
    Happy Wifey and NEW MOM!
    Pre-preg weight: 130
    Current: 145 (eek!)
    Goal: ??? <-- whatever it takes to get rid of this tire!
    Started Primal in May '12.
    My Blog
    Join the Revolution!

Paleobird Guest
    Day 22 check in:

4.5 lbs down from where we started. I lose consistently when I stay in ketosis. I've been pretty good on exercise, getting my walking in with the dog but I'm lagging on the LHTs. *kicks self in rear*

Lamb shanks for dinner tonight.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, the "lasagna" really was amazing.

Loving Husband and I went for a mile walk before our TKD class tonight. It was nice.

Food-wise, all's good. Exercise-wise, all's good. Play-wise, all's good. Stress-wise, all's good. Sleep-wise? Still sucky. But what can you do? (Glances at Officekitty, sighs)

Spooky_Rach is offline Member
    cavebabymama - maya gold = very yummy. I love the dark chocolate + cherries bar too and discovered the other night that tesco's have a dark chocolate with mint fondant green & blacks bar (yes that one was very hard to resist, maybe on my next visit).

paleobird - lamb shanks = nommy

Day 23 check-in
    Food: the second half the maya gold bar mugged me last night :P but it is all gone now.

Exercise: 30 minutes of swimming with some messing around in the pool too

Wee, sounds like everyone is doing so well!!!

@Cavebabymama: Hang in there!

OMG, OMG, the sugar cleaning out of my system finally get me to the magic state of happy body thing. I totally did not eat lunch yesterday because I did not want to, and had a green smoothie while cooking supper, and then couldn't eat more than a few spoons of the glorious wild mushroom & fish soup.

And that's after a great lifting session: added 5 lbs on inclined bench, got all 5 sets with the 40# row, and the main bench was fine, I can finally move to second week on Wendler, the strength is back!!!! Oh, and I was thinking that walking up hill for 30 min with 10+ lbs in the backpack (8 lbs of my micro-loading ancle weights) will do for cardio, but went on the elliptical anyway for 20 min because I was feeling so great (and that's sans lunch, wow!)

This morning was even more beautiful. I slept in 30 min since I was tired from the training yesterday night, stuck my nose outside, and OH MIRACLE, we got a steady rain overnight. Sure, that means I can't do sprints, but I threw in the gym rags into the pack, and YES, YES, YES, I can finally fertilize the beds and move the few plants need moving. And, after this rain, the mushrooms, should pop up too. Gods, I am so excited about the coming weekend, I dunno how I am gonna last at work.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    OMG, OMG, the sugar cleaning out of my system finally get me to the magic state of happy body thing.
    Yay! Welcome to ketoland! Isn't it fun?

Well, i dunno if it is ketosis or what, but I am in a good place. Just gotta keep up with 5HTP, last time depression kicked in out of nowhere and broke my stride

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Terrific, Leida!

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast