Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Primal 30(+1) Challenge for August! page 20

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I'm hardly drinking enough to get a buzz anyway so I think I'll just swear off the stuff entirely. It's not doing me any favors.
    I'm doing Whole30, and I'm finding that avoiding wine is really doing wonders for me. I love wine, but I think that I'm going to reserve it for special occasions.

Spooky_Rach is offline Member
    See this is why having days off work is a bad thing, me eats bad things >.<. Actually it wasn't all bad, it just went slightly wrong on Friday with chilli that had kidney beans in and a cha han which had sweetcorn in and then Saturday there were double chip cookies.

Somehow I also managed to eat 10 lara bars in 5 days (my OH brought them back from a trip to LA).

Though I did clamber back on the wagon yesterday with hopefully only a little damage done.

This weekend, we had a huge BBQ in the park. We rented a bouncy bounce for the kids. I got in there and jumped my fool head off. That counts as "play."

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    This weekend, we had a huge BBQ in the park. We rented a bouncy bounce for the kids. I got in there and jumped my fool head off. That counts as "play."
    That's a two'fer, play and exercise.

Spooky_Rach is offline Member
    Day 21 check in.

21 days of August gone already, where did they go?

Food: Back on track after weekend/holiday craziness - bulletproof coffee for breakfast, BAS + crayfish + cheese for lunch, chilli (my primal chilli with no kidney beans ) + green beans.

Exercise: 1 session of LHT

So yesterday was a massive carb load for me - yes, fruit (an apple w/almond butter; a bowl of fresh strawberries, raspberries and a banana), but also a dish (yes, the entire thing) of garlic chicken butternut squash "lasagna" (recipe at PaleOMG). I easily had <150 g of carbs yesterday.

And I lost 0.2 pounds.

I also had a ton of energy after the dish. I felt like I could have run a marathon. I did, in fact, take a moderately paced walk for a mile, then had my TKD class -- and I had an awesome class: my kicks were high and strong, my energy was up, I felt powerful.

Was it because of the healthy carb load? Maybe. Dunno.

Yum.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Everything is very good with us here, though we had a bit of a flour-less chocolate cake and coconut-and-fruit ice-cream on Sunday. Well, I think hubby also had a fair bit of the leftovers on Monday too, but he did not want any yesterday, so I figure he is doing good.

I feel that everything re-balanced enough for me to have some berries once in a while, so I ate a few choke-cherries off the trees while walking in the park, and had a few currants and raspberries when I was picking yesterday. Also, opening up my weekends for eating fruit.

The weight is only about 3 or so pounds from where I start to feel like a human being, and the gym is amazing. I started adding 20 min of as hard as I can go intervals after every lifting session and skipping the dedicated HIIT session, that works well. My first sprints last week felt hard, but I am sure they will be better this week.

Roller-blading proceeds nicely too. I am still having troubles breaking though. Well, practice makes perfect.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Roller-blading proceeds nicely too. I am still having troubles breaking though. Well, practice makes perfect.
    My RB breaking has always been "HIT THE TREE."

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Heh, yeah, I am more of a 'jump to the grass, jump to the grass!!!'
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well... I ate like crap this weekend and no surprise, felt (and feel) like crap the entire time. I generally don't have an issue with avoiding processed carbs, but for some reason, I ate a whack of them. Post-period binging. Weird. Back on track today and for the rest of the month.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast