Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal 30(+1) Challenge for August! page 2

sipps00 is offline Junior Member
    I am in and I will write in more about myself as soon as I get off work!! YOu girls have motivated me! Damn that honey jar in my pantry!

Sippi

I need this!!!I have been a serial 'off the wagon-er':, So thanks for starting this thread!

I have been 70/30 Primal since march 2012. Lost 10 lbs initially and plateaued since. I get crazy food cravings 2 weeks before my period( I don't see any men on this thread) and then nothing ! I can IF all day and eat one meal a day! I think I maybe just hormonal.
    I am up for the whole 30!!
    I am here to give my support to all those who are ready to do it)

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cavebabymama View Post
    Ok, so what are your fitness goals?

For me, I've mostly got the 4 essential movements down, but no pullups yet. I want to do a pullup by the end of this challenge. I also plan to make good use of those WOWs for my LHTs, which will be new for me.
    I'm working on getting to the "Mastery" levels on the essential movements. I'm there on the squats and almost there on the planks. I'm still doing five movements even though the new edition of the PBF has cut out the overhead press. The OH press and the pull ups are the hardest for me because they involve having arms all the way up over my head. I have a bunch of surgery scar tissue that doesn't like this idea but I'm working on it.

3 more days

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I'm working on getting to the "Mastery" levels on the essential movements. I'm there on the squats and almost there on the planks. I'm still doing five movements even though the new edition of the PBF has cut out the overhead press. The OH press and the pull ups are the hardest for me because they involve having arms all the way up over my head. I have a bunch of surgery scar tissue that doesn't like this idea but I'm working on it.
    Stacking up my pantry
    Cleaning out the CW.
    Planning one last Cheat meal before aug ist.
    Success to all!!!

cavebabymama is offline Senior Member
    Ooh overhead press looks like a good essential movement, I wonder it was taken out?

Has anyone been taking liberty with their eating over the weekend knowing that they were starting this challenge on Aug 1? *confession* - I have and I feel like CRAP today because of it!

Paleobird, are you going to go for a whole9 style challenge?

Any one have any cheat they've been allowing themselves that will be gone on Aug 1? Mine is a little original flavored Pinkberry frozen yogart once a week!

Also, what area of PBF do you need to work on? For me, it's walking more. I'm in Florida and it's god-awful hot, the only times that the sun is not too strong here to strap on the babe and walk is either before 10 or after 7. We usually sleep til 10 and the husband usually needs something from me around 7, so I will have to adjust my schedule and wake up earlier so I can get those walks in... I'm actually starting tomorrow. Do I get extra credit?

Metric is offline Senior Member
    I'm in and super excited about this!

I'm going to essentially just follow the 2011 - 30 day Challenge principles:

Attachment 8642
    The 2011 Primal Blueprint 30-Day Challenge Begins Now | Mark's Daily Apple

My biggest obstacles/challenges will be between August 3rd and August 13th as I am going to be visiting my parents and family in the middle of nowhere:
    - I will attempt to remain 100% primal during this vacation. No access to organic veggies and grass fed meat during this time.
    - My family does not have internet at their house and internet availability is very limited in their town. Will not be able to post daily throughout this period, but I will keep track on paper and update when I do have internet access.

My biggest obstacles/challenges outside of that date range:
    - Adequate sleep, since I work shift-work. Off-days, no issues with adequate sleep.

My Fitness Goals:
    - Increase my max number of push-ups.
    - Increase my max number of air-squats.
    - Increase the number and duration of skip sprints.
    - Increase my number of pull-ups. Can't currently do any.
    - Increase length of time I can do planks.
    - Work on flexibility.

Starting Measurement and Weight for Challenge:
    Weight: 181 lbs
    Bust: 38.25 in
    Waist: 32.5 in
    Stomach (navel): 39.25 in
    Hips: 43.5 in
    Thigh: 26.5 in
    Last edited by Metric; 07-29-2012 at 08:29 PM.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cavebabymama View Post
    Ooh overhead press looks like a good essential movement, I wonder it was taken out?

Paleobird, are you going to go for a whole9 style challenge?

Also, what area of PBF do you need to work on? For me, it's walking more.
    I think perhaps the OH press was the one most likely for people to hurt themselves doing. Maybe that's why it got cut. (?)

As far as diet, I pretty much live in whole 9 land with the exception of butter and cream and a very occasional (once a month) glass of wine. I'm so used to it, it's not anything I have to struggle to maintain.

I think the whole9 prohibition against cooking with alcohol is silly. The alcohol is gone by the time it gets to the table but pot roast would just not be pot roast without some red wine to stew in. Also I agree about milk but I think that butter and cream don't have enough milk solids in them to be a problem. So, no, I'm going to be going with Mark's 30 day challenge. I think it's more reasonable. I also think it is important that it is not just about diet but includes all the other things like sleep and play.

For me, I need to work on being consistent with getting my LHT workouts and sprints in. I do quite a lot of walking without really even thinking about it as exercise. Having a dog will do that.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I'm so in. I read Mark's book in Apr, have lost 38 lbs since then, in avg range now, yay,
    loved IT STARTS WITH FOOD, so I'm pretty much living it these days.

I do like cream in my coffee, have just bought some awesome grass fed cheese,
    absolutely adore high end sippin' tequila, about 3 oz 3x weekly, and a little dark choc,
    all in moderation, none but the cream everyday.

2 workouts of heavy lifting and a sprint or two a week not hard to do at all.
    Slow moving 3-5 hrs weekly I'll get on treadmill and swimming,
    although I avg 3.2 mph for 2 miles on treadmill 8am and 7pm everyday.
    Playing with dogs in the sun nothing but fun.

So, I'm in, gang.. It'll be an awesome august

missblue is offline Senior Member
    Too late to join in?
    I'm trying to get back on the wagon after a long, less-than-graceful slide into Real Life road. I also just read It Starts With Food and I really want to try Whole30 though I'm not sure I can give up heavy cream in coffee so quite frankly that's my big sticking point. But I want to know what my "problem foods" are since I am feeling tired a lot lately despite plenty of sleep.

Exercise is pretty good for me between Crossfit and Martial Arts class, but want to factor in some Yoga for better mobility and just plain slowing down.

Best of luck to everyone!
    Last edited by missblue; 07-29-2012 at 12:59 PM.

SAdams is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I would love to join. In the last few months I have been eating crap and have gained 5lbs of the 20 that I lost. I am going to be doing a Whole30 though to kick start my transition back into full primal, so Missblue we can support each other on that if you like. I was just on Whole9forlife and they have a new thing where you can get a motivational email everyday of your 30 to help you with cravings and what not, not sure yet if I am going to do that because it is $15 but it may help me on the way.
    Anyway I am a stay at home mom of 2 young kids, am not as active as I need to be and have been eating junk lately (although no grains). I will be starting out at 168lbs.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast