Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal 30(+1) Challenge for August! page 19

Spooky_Rach is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Day 15 check-in

Ugh had serious trouble getting to sleep because for some ass-hat reason I got serious blocked nose and sneezing as I was all settled in bed trying to get to sleep. So the day started with me being rather tired, yay for breakfast of bulletproof coffee .

Food: at least being tired didn't lead to any non-primal eating, BAS + homemade burgers for lunch and primal chilli + green beans for dinner.

Exercise: round 2 of LHT

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Overall: doing fine, except for sleep. Officekitty still sabotaging me there. Alas.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    @cavebabymama - It sounds perfectly logical for you to crave dairy when you breastfeed. I say go with your instincts there.

Heh, I am not a drinker, but strawberries, mmgh.... wish I could have some. Anyways, sounds like a lovely summer drink! Someone was talking about pumpkin wine yesterday. So strawberries are not seeming so crazy for wine now, lol.

#Jackie: so sorry you can't get the sleep! I have started sleeping finally, and it is starting to make the difference. I no longer feel like I gotta die every morning

Gym is starting to normalize, but I still crave fruit BIG time. But on the other hand, I just feel my body re-energizing as it sheds the blood sugar. On the negative incentives side, having a few extra pounds from what I am used to is resulting in an ugly bulge in my normal exercise clothes; more sweat (eww) and harder cardio. At least the belly buldge is no more feeling uncomfortable when I am sitting in the office (ye gods, that was a low day!). 126.3 lbs today, so shedding, still shedding thankfully.

My husband is doing amazing! He is down 5 lbs, below 200 (thanks goodness) and it's only 3-4 lbs for him to return to pre-vacation weight. If he keeps on it, he is going to finally break the accursed 190 lbs line. Dare I hope to see him in the 180'ies finally? Keeping fingers crossed!

I put a new project in the works: explore the Kananaskis Country trails on the weekends to find good wild mushroom picking trails! Hubby is working on ID'ing the trails, and I made him a handbook of the edible mushrooms I like! I am hoping to add trail info and my notes about mushrooms found and time of the year to it. I am hoping we locate a good trail over the next 2 weekends, so when mom comes bringing our kiddo we can all go mushroom picking. It was our fav past-time when I was young, so time to get the next generation started and the men gotta tag along (hopefully they will enjoy the eating bit)!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

...And Officekitty has left me a wet prezzie outside of the litterbox. Again.

**sigh**

I love my ancient, hyperthyroid, incontinent cat.

cavebabymama is offline Senior Member
    Jackie, I'm glad I had my ancient dog and cat before a baby. There is literally *nothing* this baby can do now to gross me out after those two... How old your fur ball?

Rach- total success to stay true to primal when you are over tired! Yay!

Leida sounds like things are really coming together for you and the Mr. The hike sounds super fun!

I'm in a much better space today, having come to terms with allowing myself some greek yogurt and blueberries, and maybe some banana "ice cream" later. I've done well sticking to primal eating, obviously PBF has gone out of the window at the moment. It looks like baby grok is feeling ever so slightly better today, and while every loving minute of the day has been about her (and the laundry she's soiling up, yeesh!), I am feeling a bit more like there is light at the end of this snot-tunnel. Maybe, just maybe I can squeeze in 2 LHTs and a sprint in the last 3 remaining days of the week? Maybe?
    Happy Wifey and NEW MOM!
    Pre-preg weight: 130
    Current: 145 (eek!)
    Goal: ??? <-- whatever it takes to get rid of this tire!
    Started Primal in May '12.
    My Blog
    Join the Revolution!

Paleobird Guest
    Day 16 check in:

Back on track and 3 pounds down from where we started.

Dad and I did a major hunt and gather trip to the grocery store today so there was a lot of low level walking plus stair climbing with heavy bags. Dad and I live next door to each other on a sloping street. His house has two levels and mine has three so everywhere you go around here involves lots of stairs. Bought groceries for both of us. Lugged it all up to my kitchen (several trips), put away mine, sorted out the stuff for his kitchen then lugged that all the way back down to his place (several more trips). Then went back upstairs to my place and sat down under the ceiling fan. Who needs a gym with a stairclimber machine?
    Last edited by Paleobird; 08-16-2012 at 09:03 PM.

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Things have been going well since being back from Holidays. I took someones advice to wait a bit before doing weigh in and measurements after my carb filled vacation. I'll probably do it on Saturday. I already feel less bloated.
    Starting Weight: 208 lbs
    Current Weight: 166.8 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by cavebabymama View Post
    Jackie, I'm glad I had my ancient dog and cat before a baby. There is literally *nothing* this baby can do now to gross me out after those two... How old your fur ball?
    She's 19. And she has left even MORE deposits this morning, in new places in my home office. And started getting loud before the crack of dawn. I was up for the day, again, by 5:30. Sigh. Went for a 1.5 hour walk. Felt good, but wow, I'm really tired.

Quote Originally Posted by cavebabymama View Post
    I'm in a much better space today, having come to terms with allowing myself some greek yogurt and blueberries, and maybe some banana "ice cream" later. I've done well sticking to primal eating, obviously PBF has gone out of the window at the moment. It looks like baby grok is feeling ever so slightly better today, and while every loving minute of the day has been about her (and the laundry she's soiling up, yeesh!), I am feeling a bit more like there is light at the end of this snot-tunnel. Maybe, just maybe I can squeeze in 2 LHTs and a sprint in the last 3 remaining days of the week? Maybe?
    "Light at the end of the snot tunnel." **giggle** Poor you!

cavebabymama is offline Senior Member
    Where is everyone?? Hopefully enjoying the weekend! This week has been a bit of a good thing for my 30 day challenge. A lot of stress, but I kept my eating under control. Also, the break from exercise forced me to examine *how much* I was eating. A serious case of "salad-fatigue" got me to drop lunch in favor of a snack I would have either way (yogurt and blueberries) and a big protein rich dinner. So most days now I am eating 3 fried eggs and some fried sweet potatoes for breakfast, yogurt and blueberries (sometimes with a few dates and almond silvers, omg) around lunch time, big salad with *lots* of protein for dinner and maybe half a banana (as "ice cream") as a dessert. I'm losing weight, I can tell because my stomach is flatter. I will weigh in on Monday. Hopefully I can keep up this mindfulness over food once I start working out again...
    Happy Wifey and NEW MOM!
    Pre-preg weight: 130
    Current: 145 (eek!)
    Goal: ??? <-- whatever it takes to get rid of this tire!
    Started Primal in May '12.
    My Blog
    Join the Revolution!

Paleobird Guest
    PrimalCon New York
    This thread slid back to page four. Can't have that.

Day 19 check in. I feel awesome as long as I stay in ketosis.

I have come to the conclusion that I just can't drink anymore. Not that I have a drinking problem or get stupid, it's just that I feel so bloated after just two glasses of wine (I threw a party Saturday night). I don't know if I've gotten more sensitive to it or if it always did this to me but it was more often and compounded by bloat from other foods so that I didn't notice it. Saturday night I didn't eat any off plan foods so I know it was just the two glasses of red.

I'm hardly drinking enough to get a buzz anyway so I think I'll just swear off the stuff entirely. It's not doing me any favors.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast